Pre Match Crystal Palace v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we start with Slimani and they start with Benteke do you reckon the ref will show goodwill and let those 2 switch sides at half time to save them from having to move? Tis the season n all....

Especially if we are playing an inexperienced defence a back 5 is more sensible, palace aren't very good but Zaha and Eze can be dangerous if we get complacent, but keep them quiet and we don't lose. A back 5 will mean we can double up on them.

If we need to rest Madison and Barnes then Slimani will be more useful up front than Iheanacho, we'll be slower getting up the pitch and Iheanacho is no good isolated. Slim might be able to hold up the ball.

As much as I don't like the look of my suggestion, it should be solid enough at the back, and has Perez and Nacho in their best positions. Central midfield is weak, but palace aren't very dangerous there.

Martial would almost be a perfect signing tbh, not only does he play down the middle to back up Vardy but also plays on the wings a lot too meaning he could get plenty of game time with us.

I'd be looking for you young striker that does that though, someone like Mason Greenwood fits the profile though he himself wouldn't be realistic
Perfect in the fact that he'd cost a fortune and be bang average. I'd sooner we spend afew quid on someone like Jonson Clarke-Harris from the lower leagues.

Martial would almost be a perfect signing tbh, not only does he play down the middle to back up Vardy but also plays on the wings a lot too meaning he could get plenty of game time with us.

I'd be looking for you young striker that does that though, someone like Mason Greenwood fits the profile though he himself wouldn't be realistic
Can’t see Martial being a perfect signing. Massive money and simply not prolific or iconic enough to be anywhere near his quality. Nope.

Especially if we are playing an inexperienced defence a back 5 is more sensible, palace aren't very good but Zaha and Eze can be dangerous if we get complacent, but keep them quiet and we don't lose. A back 5 will mean we can double up on them.

If we need to rest Madison and Barnes then Slimani will be more useful up front than Iheanacho, we'll be slower getting up the pitch and Iheanacho is no good isolated. Slim might be able to hold up the ball.

As much as I don't like the look of my suggestion, it should be solid enough at the back, and has Perez and Nacho in their best positions. Central midfield is weak, but palace aren't very dangerous there.

If you're playing Slimani you need to play Albrighton too.

Can’t see Martial being a perfect signing. Massive money and simply not prolific or iconic enough to be anywhere near his quality. Nope.
If we are talking good value for money they should bang a bid in for Ivan Toney. Absolute live wire scoring all sorts of goals.

If we are talking good value for money they should bang a bid in for Ivan Toney. Absolute live wire scoring all sorts of goals.
Friend of mine is a huge Brentford fan and doesn't rate Toney reckons he needs half a dozen chances before he scores and his control is woeful.
Think he's just another Nacho.
Plus he would cost North of £25 million

With the exception of Musa, they are all good quality strikers who have made perfectly good careers for themselves. The point is that none of them are able to displace Vardy and therefore none of them have had a prayer of being kept happy as support acts. Therefore, they were all a waste of money.

Ulloa came closest being first choice ahead of Vardy in 14/15 but he was then relegated to the bench as back up until he left seeking more football. This is the 6th season in a row where Vardy has been the main man and anyone else have been back ups.

To say Ulloa was a waste of money is frankly absurd.

Some of the goals he scored for us created a platform for the best season in the clubs history

To say Ulloa was a waste of money is frankly absurd.

Some of the goals he scored for us created a platform for the best season in the clubs history

Yeah, you're right. Ulloa in isolation was a good signing and he contributed a key support role. I was talking about our collective spend of circa £90m on strikers in the 'Vardy' era.

Selection at the moment is not just about resting players, it's also about managing those that have just come back from injury and those that (hopefully) will make their first appearance after injury.

I very much doubt we'll see Slimani. Sometimes you put players in the shop window but, in his case, it's the reverse - you don't want to deter potential buyers! Nah, I reckon that fekka has made up his mind; he's collecting an inflated pay cheque until the day he goes on a free. I reckon he has zero interest in actually playing for us.

We have wasted a lot of money on some very poor signings but having players in your squad that have not much chance of playing and paying them to sit on their arse is also a huge waste. If we can replace Slimani, Gray and Morgan with semi-decent players or developing young players we will have strengthened our squad.

I think this is quite an important match for us. A bit of a marker, if you like.

Yeah, you're right. Ulloa in isolation was a good signing and he contributed a key support role. I was talking about our collective spend of circa £90m on strikers in the 'Vardy' era.
We gave spent badly. No one is questioning that. We have made some awful signings and some rushed ones.

None of that means that we don't need a decent signing. Iheanacho has shown time and time and time again that he is woefully inadequate. Post as many stats as you like but he has been a joke of a player since day one. He needs 15 terrible performances for each half decent one. Other teams have managed to buy a reasonable level of quality to keep on the bench, we just haven't found the winning formula. Take Watkins for example. Many of us wanted him to be a target in the summer. He'd have come to us expecting to be on the bench and we'd have had a cracking player. As it is, he is first choice at Villa now and doing superbly. Giroud is a perfect fit for Chelsea and their bench.

If Vardy was to get injured, we would have Iheanacho up front.... swing it how you like but the goals would disappear more rapidly than a Priest with an invite to a Boys' school Christmas Party.

Sorry folks, but the way my day is going (no really bad, just things just being awkward and not right) leads me to feel we are going to lose just to finish my day off.

Me pessimistic? Don't know what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757