Pre Match Crystal Palace v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, with Evans and Ndidi out we aren't getting anything in the next few weeks are we?

Where's an international break when you want it?

Go for

Kasper
Ricardo, Vester, Soyuncu, Bertrand
Youri, Soumare, Maddison
Nacho, Vardy, Barnes

Go Kevin Keegan style and just assume we need to out score everybody rather than trying to keep it tight, because we aren't keeping clean sheets until we get other defenders back.

Oh God, with Evans and Ndidi out we aren't getting anything in the next few weeks are we?

Where's an international break when you want it?
Just around the corner.

4-4-fecking-2.

Schmeichel
Castagne Vestergaard Soyuncu Bertrand
Ricardo Soumare Tielemans Lookman
Iheanacho Vardy

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Thomas, Dewsbury-Hall, Albrighton, Barnes, Maddison, Perez, Daka

The same game where we subbed the most effective player because he wanted some energy gels?

Shambles.
It really does beggar belief doesn’t it?

What the **** is going on with this club right now…

Yeah, so…
I honestly believe an early goal is all it takes. Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans, Vardy have all not become poor players over night. They have it within them.

I honestly believe an early goal is all it takes. Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans, Vardy have all not become poor players over night. They have it within them.

Aye. But to get that early goal we probably need to pass forward occasionally and that just isn't the style we want.

Aye. But to get that early goal we probably need to pass forward occasionally and that just isn't the style we want.
We have too many good players for it to continue. Under Ranieri (second season) we still had an a number of average players. We are far better than that now.

We have too many good players for it to continue. Under Ranieri (second season) we still had an a number of average players. We are far better than that now.

I agree. I just don't see us trying anything adventurous. We've got problems defensively due to injuries but by focussing too much on that we're totally ignoring that we can try and attack teams.

Whenever I read ‘a few weeks’ regarding injuries now a days I’m automatically thinking ‘a few months’.

Evans is 'ill' quite regularly

Evans is 'ill' quite regularly
Well on this occasion I’m glad he’s ‘ill’ just before another stupid ****ing international break.

I’m sure he’s very proud of his international career but he needs to retire from it to prolong his club career. You know, the one where he actually gets to play with competent teammates and win stuff.

If our central defence is Vg an Soyuncu for any long period of time we will be bottom 6

Well on this occasion I’m glad he’s ‘ill’ just before another stupid ****ing international break.

I’m sure he’s very proud of his international career but he needs to retire from it to prolong his club career. You know, the one where he actually gets to play with competent teammates and win stuff.

He's 9 caps away from 100 and I can imagine that's a real milestone for him. Only 3 players have ever done it before.

Considering his injury record through his career, 100 caps would be remarkable.

However, we do pay his wages and he just isn't capable of juggling so much football and being okay. It's a case of heart ruling head.

I've said before that I would have made it a condition of signing his contract extension that he quit international football. It's probably also a factor that his manager is from Northern Ireland too.

Whatever it is, I'm going to be fuming if he plays for NI and comes back injured again.

I can't see how Evans should even be in the NI squad if he's unfit for his club, he'll probably end up out for the rest of the season after playing 20 minutes for NI.

Tuchel has told England that James isn't going to play for them due to him having an injury so why can't we do the same ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757