Pre Match Crystal Palace v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just have to score more goals than they do.
**** the defensive mids. Play some attacking mids and strikers.
Lump it up to Vardy.
Its not rocket science.

Well the Enzo system at Chelsea is really working a treat isn’t it with all those highly skilled players.
What happened to good old fashioned running past the defenders with the ball rather than the 200 passes to move 30 yards?

Well the Enzo system at Chelsea is really working a treat isn’t it with all those highly skilled players.
What happened to good old fashioned running past the defenders with the ball rather than the 200 passes to move 30 yards?
Pep has killed football

There was an article on the beeb the other day about “the death of the screamer”

Give you three guesses when it started..

I don't blame Pep for that.

I blame the age of the analyst.

Same reason nobody does anything interesting at offensive set pieces any more. It's just about percentages.

I can't understand why there's no analyst out there using the data to realise that doing the opposite of everyone else is the smart move.

Somebody will and they'll be lauded for it but it's obvious.

I don't blame Pep for that.

I blame the age of the analyst.

Same reason nobody does anything interesting at offensive set pieces any more. It's just about percentages.

I can't understand why there's no analyst out there using the data to realise that doing the opposite of everyone else is the smart move.

Somebody will and they'll be lauded for it but it's obvious.
That Villa goal last week came from an interesting set piece

Now that the PSR Sword of Damocles is no longer hanging over them, I am confident that our boys in blue will be back in Foxes Never Quit mode.
High press and in their faces. The fact that Man City are finally up before the ‘Judge’ will also help lift spirits.
We made the PL look like idiots. They will not want Man City doing the same to them. Out of 115 charges, there must be a couple of charges they can make stick and dock them some points surely?

I think it may actually work against us as the players/management may have had more desire with them expecting a points deduction.

I can't see how the PSR ruling will improve our performances is anyway, we still have the same lack of ability in comparison to the rest of the league.

Head-to-head

• Crystal Palace have beaten Leicester in nine Premier League games, their joint most wins against any club - along with Aston Villa and West Ham.
  • The Eagles won 2-1 at Selhurst Park when the sides last met, in April 2023, to end a seven-match Premier League winless run in this fixture. Jean-Philippe Mateta scored the decisive goal in the 94th minute.
  • Leicester have won just one of the last seven Premier League away meetings, a 2-0 victory in November 2019.
Crystal Palace

• Crystal Palace could fail to win any of their opening four Premier League matches for the first time since 2017-18, when Frank de Boer was subsequently sacked.
  • Palace lost just three of their 13 league fixtures under Oliver Glasner last season.
  • They can lose their opening two home games for the first time since 2018.
  • There have been 59 goals scored in the last 16 Premier League matches at Selhurst Park. Only games at Stamford Bridge and the Etihad Stadium have produced more goals during this period.
  • Palace have conceded first in all three league games this season, while they are yet to win a fixture under Glasner in which they have gone behind.
  • However, the Eagles have only lost one of their past 12 Premier League home fixtures against promoted opposition, a 3-0 defeat versus Fulham in December 2022
  • Jean-Philippe Mateta is yet to score after three Premier League appearances this season. He ended 2023-24 with 13 goals in 13 league games under Glasner.
Leicester City

• Leicester have taken one point from their opening three matches. In their previous Premier League campaign in 2022-23, they recorded one point from seven games.
  • The Foxes have lost five of their past six away fixtures in all competitions.
  • They have only opened the scoring in two of their last 24 Premier League matches, conceding first in all three so far this season.
  • Leicester have won just two of their past 16 Premier League trips to London, conceding 40 goals at an average of 2.5 per game.
  • Steve Cooper has won only one of his last 16 Premier League fixtures, and none of the last nine. He has triumphed in just two of his 29 Premier League away games as a manager overall.
  • However, Cooper was unbeaten in all three Premier League matches as Nottingham Forest boss against Palace, drawing both visits to Selhurst Park.
  • Jordan Ayew scored 22 goals in 195 Premier League appearances for Palace before joining Leicester last month. He netted in each of his last two Premier League games against the Eagles, for Swansea City in 2017-18.

Referee: Tony Harrington.
Assistants:
Marc Perry, Derek Eaton.
Fourth official:
Simon Hooper.
VAR: Andy Madley.
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410