Cup Draw - City away to Chelski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting mine tomoz as well and Ive just ordered my fancy dress. lovely stuff!

Last edited:
I think there's something wrong with me(apart from the obvious things like being an idiot).........I'm still not bothered that I'm missing this match:icon_eek:

I think I'm falling out of love with football:(

I blame LCFC entirely...it's all their fault!

Bloody ticket office - sent them an e-mail today quoting my season ticket ref number etc and asking for 3 tickets - they e-mailed me back saying that in order to do that they will require all 3 ref numbers - even though they have never previously asked for them all and they are all registered at the same house and in the seats directly next to them!

This would not have required a genius to complete! Now they're going to come back to me saying 'these other ST's arn't priority 1' - because I only use my ticket when purchasing tickets for away games. :icon_roll:icon_roll

Why can't it just be simple?

Bloody ticket office - sent them an e-mail today quoting my season ticket ref number etc and asking for 3 tickets - they e-mailed me back saying that in order to do that they will require all 3 ref numbers - even though they have never previously asked for them all and they are all registered at the same house and in the seats directly next to them!

This would not have required a genius to complete! Now they're going to come back to me saying 'these other ST's arn't priority 1' - because I only use my ticket when purchasing tickets for away games. :icon_roll:icon_roll

Why can't it just be simple?

I never give me season ticket numbers, just the seat details. Not had a phone call back yet.

I think there's something wrong with me(apart from the obvious things like being an idiot).........I'm still not bothered that I'm missing this match:icon_eek:

I think I'm falling out of love with football:(

I blame LCFC entirely...it's all their fault!

It seems that you are going through exactly what I went through at the end of last season and which I have written about elsewhere on this forum. People couldn't believe it when I said that I would not be renewing my season ticket and in the same way, I won't be the only one who finds it odd that you're not all that bothered that you won't be going to Chelsea.

I expect, like me, you are finding that the effort of getting to a game has got greater than the actual reward that you receive from being there. You are perhaps feeling that you have seen it all before - and that nothing surprises you any more. I noted your comment earlier that you hadn't really enjoyed the win at Hillsbrough (or something to that effect) when quite clearly lots of other people enjoyed a great day out. Do you occasionally look around at your fellow supporters and wonder about why they are getting so much from the game so much when you are absolutely bored by it? I did.

The good news is that I don't think you have fallen out of love with football. I think you are just suffering from an overdose and the condition is treatable. Is it about 10 years (or more?) since you have missed a competitive match? It wasn't nearly as long as that for me, but going to the game had become an addiction. I began to feel that I needed to do it, rather than wanting to do it. That's why I decided to give up on the every-game bit and just to pick and choose the matches I go to.

So - how is my treatment going? Well - I didn't get my season ticket and I have only been to the one home game this season. City have played 12½ games and I have only been at 6 of them. I've even missed a London game and I felt no pain in doing so - I couldn't have done that before getting my addiction under control. Just once I have felt that I have really had to fight the urge to get myself on the train - that was the home game agaisnt Wolves, when Nottingham Fox was dangling a free ticket under my nose. But once the last-train-to-get-to-the-match-on-time had gone, I settled down into my new-found Saturday routine - on other words, no routine at all.

On the occasions that I have gone to the game, I am glad to be able to report that I am still in love with football - but pleased that I don;t have to be so manic about it. I'm very fortunate as well that my six games attended have included all of City's wins (I'm trying to push the Charlton debacle to the back of my mind) - how lucky is that?

I soemtimes ask myself whether I will ever go back to tryign to get to every game. I suspect the answer is that I will - and I suspect it will be in just a few years time when I can get a Senior Citizens Railcard and OAP concessionary tickets for the games. But at least I have found out why I wasn;t enjoying the game any more - simple over-exposure to it. And I am enjoying going again, which was exactly what I wanted.

eeeeeh! That was long, was it not? But it's part of my 'process'. And I do hope that Beaumont can somehow find her way back to enjoying her football as well.

Interesting read that Boc.I decided after the Kilmarnock pre-season friendly that I will never go to another football match again,not that I was going to many.Just does nothing for me anymore,there are way too many Arseholes who go and I'd rather spend my money on other things and watch my football via TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00