Current players (and managers) thread.

SilverFox

We have an ex players/managers thread, but not a general one for current players and manager for their various endeavours and misdemeanours. I bring this humble offering to my brethren of the balls talk.

Exhibit 1. Patson upsets the cult…

IMG_2969.jpeg

IMG_2970.jpeg

Psuedo moralistic drivel from a load of blokes who are probably typing all that with one hand while fingering the neighbour's wife with the other.

Strange old tone to take. So you're only allowed to be intimate with total strangers to the both of you after you split up with your current partner then ?

In my early 20s I spent a weekend in a holiday chalet with my girlfriend's best mate.

& I didn't even bother to split up with her first. Ignore them Patson, you're a ****ing saint compared to me in my youth.

Psuedo moralistic drivel from a load of blokes who are probably typing all that with one hand while fingering the neighbour's wife with the other.

Strange old tone to take. So you're only allowed to be intimate with total strangers to the both of you after you split up with your current partner then ?

In my early 20s I spent a weekend in a holiday chalet with my girlfriend's best mate.

& I didn't even bother to split up with her first. Ignore them Patson, you're a ****ing saint compared to me in my youth.
Are they friends anymore?

It's all a bit odd.
It's all a bit African is what it is. African men like to make a big show of how morally correct & upstanding they are. All "good christians" & "devout muslims"

Of course it's all a load of old bollocks,same as in any culture. Just has it's own particular slant.

Absolutely none of it is even remotely based on jealousy of a bloke who's managed to cop for two female athletes who are presumably way beyond the level of woman any of them could ever get. Of course not.

Breaking my rules already. Not a current player or manager, but part of the management team and board level so vicariously it belongs here…

Bit of a random love in.

Breaking my rules already. Not a current player or manager, but part of the management team and board level so vicariously it belongs here…

Bit of a random love in.
I came on here to have a quick look at any transfer news that might be about. I end up reading 2 fluff pieces about Gareth ****ing Southgate & Jon ****ing Rudkin.

Both a smashing bunch of lads apparently.

Pair of ****s.

I've now had to open a fresh bottle of Jameson's to help me relax & calm down.

****ing football.

That is an aberration of an article.

Paid for propaganda
Is it? Did you read it all? (I don't mean this to sound facetious, it's tempting to stop reading most of these articles after the first couple of poorly written paragraphs!)

I think it's a fairly balanced article which highlights some of the good things he has done and continues to do, as well as some of the obvious mistakes he has made. I'd rather hear from those who have worked with him than those who guess as a result of what they think may occur on a day-to-day basis.

I'm not a particular fan of Rudkin, he's made some horrible decisions but he's also made some very good ones including some exceptionally fruitful deals; we must use a balanced logic rather than emotion to judge his performance over the last two decades.

I think there's a reason he's very well respected at the club (and in the game by many accounts), and as much as folk who aren't invested in the club as much as we are don't see his mistakes close up in the way we do, it should be noted that we don't see his successes in quite the same way as others might because of the very same connection we have to our club.

Is it? Did you read it all? (I don't mean this to sound facetious, it's tempting to stop reading most of these articles after the first couple of poorly written paragraphs!)

I think it's a fairly balanced article which highlights some of the good things he has done and continues to do, as well as some of the obvious mistakes he has made. I'd rather hear from those who have worked with him than those who guess as a result of what they think may occur on a day-to-day basis.

I'm not a particular fan of Rudkin, he's made some horrible decisions but he's also made some very good ones including some exceptionally fruitful deals; we must use a balanced logic rather than emotion to judge his performance over the last two decades.

I think there's a reason he's very well respected at the club (and in the game by many accounts), and as much as folk who aren't invested in the club as much as we are don't see his mistakes close up in the way we do, it should be noted that we don't see his successes in quite the same way as others might because of the very same connection we have to our club.
As I may have alluded to before, I know someone reasonably well who has worked with Rudkin extensively over the years. Outside of the club but still via King Power.
The bloke in question is by no means a belligerent type & not given to outbursts or exagerration.

As far as he's concerned Rudkin is " A type I know well. A corporate climber with little or no ability but a talent for politics. & a ****ing irritating belief that he knows someone else's job better than they do. I've wanted to punch him in the face half a dozen times for talking complete crap to people who are looking for his advice "

The bloke in question is extremely successful in his field. Which hasn't stopped Rudkin from trying to tell him how to run his show. The presence of the " ****ing " in that quote is telling in itself. The bloke hardly ever swears. Talking about Rudkin led him to do so for probably only the third or fourth time since I've known him.

It's worth stressing how out of character all of that is for him. He works in a high pressure industry & is what people used to call " unflappable " in most cases. For him to react that way to any individual is pretty telling for me.

As I may have alluded to before, I know someone reasonably well who has worked with Rudkin extensively over the years. Outside of the club but still via King Power.
The bloke in question is by no means a belligerent type & not given to outbursts or exagerration.

As far as he's concerned Rudkin is " A type I know well. A corporate climber with little or no ability but a talent for politics. & a ****ing irritating belief that he knows someone else's job better than they do. I've wanted to punch him in the face half a dozen times for talking complete crap to people who are looking for his advice "

The bloke in question is extremely successful in his field. Which hasn't stopped Rudkin from trying to tell him how to run his show. The presence of the " ****ing " in that quote is telling in itself. The bloke hardly ever swears. Talking about Rudkin led him to do so for probably only the third or fourth time since I've known him.

It's worth stressing how out of character all of that is for him. He works in a high pressure industry & is what people used to call " unflappable " in most cases. For him to react that way to any individual is pretty telling for me.
I've no doubt a lot of that is true. He does strike me as the kind of political climber your friend describes. I suppose what I'm saying is that we are a little too close to the failures to judge the successes, and there have been many of them.

I find the people who get promoted the most are at least one of three things: extremely talented beyond question, competent political movers who have learned the right phrases to stroke the right egos, or complete ****s devoid of morals. Very few are the first – possibly only a few dozen in all of human history – so most are one of the other two.

I find the people who get promoted the most are at least one of three things: extremely talented beyond question, competent political movers who have learned the right phrases to stroke the right egos, or complete ****s devoid of morals. Very few are the first – possibly only a few dozen in all of human history – so most are one of the other two.
The fourth kind: people who are so bad their bosses write excellent references to get rid of them. Anyone remember Gordon Brittas? I've seen it at my own former workplace!

I think this depends on the size and ownership of the firm.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34