Danny Cadamarteri on trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dour

Certainly worth letting him have a run out behind closed doors - I can't see that there's anything to lose.

Good article? While I have no particular axe to grind with the guy, the only thing missing from this piece was a violin soundtrack... Seriously, it's as if it was written by a combination of Amnesty International and Caadamarteri's agent... It's fair to say the article takes a specific angle.

Even if you assume he unwittingly took the ephedrine, in the modern day, it's up to a professional sportsman to know what is in medication or supplements...

having said that, he's served his ban, and is worth a look. If he's not going to increase the quality of the squad, he's not going to get an offer. Why not invite him to train for a week or two?

Last edited:

SilverFox

F*ck it I am saying it because I want it to happen. Not only would I bring in Matty Holland but if you are talking about strikers and if you are talking about strikers who would improve us as a club...

I Want Paul Dickov back here!!!

Milans money, my dream baby!

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Lako42

F*ck it I am saying it because I want it to happen. Not only would I bring in Matty Holland but if you are talking about strikers and if you are talking about strikers who would improve us as a club...

I Want Paul Dickov back here!!!

Milans money, my dream baby!

feck off with your dreams. well that one anyway. well apart from the matt holand part :)

OldGit

feck off with your dreams. well that one anyway. well apart from the matt holand part :)

Dunno. The image of SF dragging Matt Holland down Filbert Way in chains, being persued by the Keystone Kops might lighten the spirits

MHS

Sky Sports said:
Conference side Grays have snapped up former Everton and Sheffield United striker Danny Cadamarteri.
The 27-year-old was a free agent after completing a six-month drug ban from the end of last season.
He has been signed in time to make his debut for his new employers in the home fixture with York City on Saturday.
Cadamarteri is unlikely to be the last new face coming in over the next few weeks as new manager Andy King looks to strengthen the squad for the second half of the season.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...id=&lid=654&title=Grays+swoop+for+Cadamarteri

Foxello

:102:

From BBC

Grays target deal for Cadamarteri

Cadamarteri recently had a spell on trial at Barnsley
Grays hope to sign former Everton and Bradford striker Danny Cadamarteri.
The Conference club are confident they can conclude a deal for the 27-year-old before Saturday's game against York.

Cadamarteri is a free agent after ending a six-month drug ban imposed towards the end of last season during his second spell at Bradford.

Grays have also signed midfielder Matt Bodkin from Welling and have targeted Wycombe's Jonny Dixon, Welling's Danny Kedwell and Exeter's Jon Challinor.

Cadamarteri has previously played for Everton, Fulham, Bradford (two spells), Leeds and Sheffield United.

"Danny is looking to get back to Championship or League One level and needs games so we think this would be the ideal situation for him and also to help out Grays and Andy King," his agent Neil Sang told BBC Essex.

"We're looking to get him one or possibly two games with Grays. He's under no illusions as to how difficult the Conference is, and wants to show a good attitude."

Nice. We have a Grays Athletic target training with us. How the mighty have fallen.

M17TT C

So has he chosen Grays Athletic over us?? If he has, then I think its a shame for us as he cannot be any worse than J-Low or Fatty Fryatt at the moment and he has one thing that the majority of our squad is lacking at the present moment in time. That is desire to play, and this guy has got shit loads of it. If he can get fit enough then we should at least give him a short term contract and try him in a few games.

Granite Fox

He is on trial with us whilst playing for Grays on a Saturday (on a match-by-match basis I presume)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
So has he chosen Grays Athletic over us?? If he has, then I think its a shame for us as he cannot be any worse than J-Low or Fatty Fryatt at the moment and he has one thing that the majority of our squad is lacking at the present moment in time. That is desire to play, and this guy has got shit loads of it. If he can get fit enough then we should at least give him a short term contract and try him in a few games.

Their website says that he signed for them on Friday and was due to be in their side for the game against York on Saturday.

Soccerbase says he played - it was a 0-0 draw.

I see that Andy King is manager at Grays with Robbie Savage's old mate as his deputy.

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675