Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh? It's already begun.....Did you not see Joey's goal last sat'day?

Well done, Alex. A much more appropriate and deserved response than mine!

S****horpe is only 100 miles from Leicester and just off the M180. You can get there in less than 2 hours - an easier journey than Palace, QPR, Colchester or Ipswich for a Tueday night. And why miss out Hull if you're including Scunny? Is Preston really that much easier to get to than Blackpool or Burnley on a Tuesday night?

I don't think Geography is your strong subject.

Ahh yes the sweet feeling of the Lincolnshire coast on a Tuesday night.

Or the M6 at 3pm in the afternoon on the way to Preston, Blackpool or Burnley.

I wasnt necessary talking geography.

Ahh yes the sweet feeling of the Lincolnshire coast on a Tuesday night.

What has the Lincolnshire coast got to do with the matter being discuseed?

What has the Lincolnshire coast got to do with the matter being discuseed?

For some reason because of it's near location to Hull, I am thinking Scunny's on the coast which it's not.

Anyways that Lincolnshire outpost wouldnt be an attractive proposition on a November Tuesday night.

Why you care anyway Boc? I thought you were calling it a day, travelling with City. That makes you're pedantism void if so.

Tosser. I think the amount of money put into the club over several years proves he cares. Just because he isn't going this season that doesn't mean he doesn't care.

No, you're a tosser. It was meant in jest. I recognise Boc's great expense (and have mentioned it before) and the amount of help he does for people when asked nicely for train, tube, transport and tickets info.

I cannot believe you lot are getting so excited about Scumthorpe. :biggrin: :icon_wink

The place is a dump and the ground is like an out of town warehouse, no character at all. I'll still be going though, 30 minutes drive for us. :038: :biggrin:

When did he say that?

I've said it several times - and I'm actually starting to believe that it's going to happen.

I don't know whether I overdosed last season, my first ever ever-present - but I do know that I found it an increasing chore in getting to matches as the year dragged on. Apart from the thrill of the achievement of getting to every game, I didn't really get much enjoyment from the season. I am becoming increasingly irritated my the way that money is used in the game - and on a personal level, I've got to reconcile the effect of a 13% rise in season-ticket prices and a 16+% rise in MML train fares on my now-fixed income which has only risen by 3%. I wonder whether I really want to spend an increasing proportion of what money I have in subsidising a small group of people who are unreasonably and unjustifiably rich.

I'm not going to stop following and supporting City but I do want to get out of a habit which takes up so much of my resources, not only in financial terms. To put it in a nutshell, I have used more energy in getting to matches than some of the players have expended during matches.

I may try a whole season with no games at all - to see if that rekindles the desire. I may just pick and choose a few games. I may take the opportunity to go to Accrington Stanley and the two new League entrants from the Conference, in order to renew my membership of the 92Club. There are also a few teams with new grounds that I have never been to.

Local people have suggested that I should choose a more local team - Deal Town? Dover Athletic? Gillingham? Charlton Athletic (who provide a bus which calls just 100 yards from my house - £5 return to the Valley). They seem to think that it would be an easy thing to change my allegiance. I am sure i won't be doing that. What I wouldn't mind doing is getting a season ticket for my *nearest* League club - Calais in the French 4th division - now that would be interesting.

On the other hand, I might just put the money that I would have spent in a pot - and leave it there to be counted at the end of the year - I'm sure there would be over £3,000 in it by then.

I did at first feel excited by the appearance of Milan Mandaric. But the sale of the club dragged on and on - and I've not been particularly excited by any of the steps that he has taken since gaining control.

Perhaps I've just been doing it too long. But if I'm going to put so much into something, I've got to be getting some kind of personal reward from it. By that I don't mean Premiership football - and I am not sure what I do mean. But whatever it is, I've not been getting it. Hence my decision to take a break.

Sorry this has been long - but you didn't have to read it!

No, you're a tosser. It was meant in jest. I recognise Boc's great expense (and have mentioned it before) and the amount of help he does for people when asked nicely for train, tube, transport and tickets info.

Tosser. I think the amount of money put into the club over several years proves he cares. Just because he isn't going this season that doesn't mean he doesn't care.
boys boys boys theres no need to argue

your both tossers;)

Calling Boc: Stop all this Charlton talk immediately. Fact. Stop. Don't forget the Foxes. Stop. This season will be better, fact. Stop. We would all miss you Boc. Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669