Davies Loan Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Million for a player that'll walk for peanuts in the summer. I understand he has played very well for us, but this sudden interest takes the piss a bit. I'd never heard of him until 2 months ago.

Wolves Official site making it clear that he will not be staying at Wolves as things stand; he has turned their offer of a new contract.

I think it will tur out to be a bad move for his career to be honest. Bolton are an established premiership side but they have never set it on fire and it would not surprise me if they get relegated within a few seasons. Bolton are a frikken hoofball team, I can't see their style suiting Mark Davies. His best bet would be to stay at Wolves IMO but at the end of the day we don't know anything about the alleged situation between the player and Wolves management..

Atleast as far as we are concerned it shows that Pearson knows the right kind of players that will add to our squad and that our chairman is willing to back our manager as much as possible to achieve our own dream of getting back into the big time.

Looks like it's a done deal to Bolton, £1m according to the NOTW

MEGSON FINALLY LANDS MARK DAVIES
Bolton boss captures Wolves midfielder for £1m

24/01/2009
GARY MEGSON has secured the £1million capture of Mark Davies.

Bolton boss Megson had a £650,000 offer rejected but upped his bid to meet Wolves’ asking price for the midfielder.

Meg said: “Mark is a player we have been aware of for a couple of seasons and he’s got massive potential.

“My assistant, Chris Evans, has known him since he was eight and we believe he can make the step up.”

Davies, 20, has spent the past two months on loan at Leicester.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spo...s-captures-Wolves-midfielder-for-pound1m.html

Disappointing, but if he's really as good as everyone thinks he is then it shouldn't come as a suprise.

Can't blame him at all for wanting to take this chance to jump to the Prem, as as long with all the normal reasons, with all the injury problems he's had then it makes sense for him to take his chance while he can.

Megson is of course a boring, ginger **** though.

Good luck to him, and lets just thank him for the time he's spent here and the role he's played in taking us 9 points clear!

Hate Megson, Hate Bolton!

It doesn't make any sense for Davies, can he get a place under Nolan, Taylor??
Moreover, Bolotn may get relegated this year, let's see in Championship.

Megson can **** off. We don't need Davies to get promoted but we'll need someone with similar ability next season.

Megson can **** off. We don't need Davies to get promoted but we'll need someone with similar ability next season.
WTF has Megson done wrong?

Surely if we feel the need for any resentment it should be directed at Wolves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669