Davies Loan Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slice bread was quality, in the big games he always rose to the occassion

He managed to spread himself around a bit too. A few of the opposition were worse for wear after a sandwich challenge. It was a sad day when he went to a bigger club to earn a decent crust.

Was an interesting article with Mick McCarthy mentioning interest in Davies and also Wolves interest in Mattock.

So they were told £3m for Mattock

We offer £300,000 and Bolton offer £650,000 for Davies.

I think Milan is going to have to offer £1m at the least to get him if Premiership clubs are sniffing around him as well.

Does sound like Wolves are prepared to sell though for the right price..

Was an interesting article with Mick McCarthy mentioning interest in Davies and also Wolves interest in Mattock.

So they were told £3m for Mattock

We offer £300,000 and Bolton offer £650,000 for Davies.

I think Milan is going to have to offer £1m at the least to get him if Premiership clubs are sniffing around him as well.

Does sound like Wolves are prepared to sell though for the right price..

I don't see why we'd have to pay more, just because Prem clubs are interested? If Bolton are offering £650k, why would we need to offer £1m?

I can understand us offering him higher wages, but can't see why it would make us pay a bigger transfer fee?

I don't see why we'd have to pay more, just because Prem clubs are interested? If Bolton are offering £650k, why would we need to offer £1m?

I can understand us offering him higher wages, but can't see why it would make us pay a bigger transfer fee?

well surely we'd atleast have to offer more than that as I'd wager the lure of joining a premiership team outways that of joining a league 1 club?

well surely we'd atleast have to offer more than that as I'd wager the lure of joining a premiership team outways that of joining a league 1 club?

But Davies isn't likely to make a decision on where to go based on how much the transfer fee is, he's just going to care about his contract.

And Wolves won't want more money from a League 1 team than they do from a Premiership team...

But Davies isn't likely to make a decision on where to go based on how much the transfer fee is, he's just going to care about his contract.

And Wolves won't want more money from a League 1 team than they do from a Premiership team...

the point I'm trying to make is, don't you think if ourselves and Bolton came in with the same offer, Wolves aren't going to care who he goes, they'll just want as much cash as they can for him. Bolton is the more attractive prospect, so we would have to offer better wages than Bolton, and atleast the same transfer fee to keep Wolves happy...

the point I'm trying to make is, don't you think if ourselves and Bolton came in with the same offer, Wolves aren't going to care who he goes, they'll just want as much cash as they can for him. Bolton is the more attractive prospect, so we would have to offer better wages than Bolton, and atleast the same transfer fee to keep Wolves happy...

If we offer Davies more money he can turn down a move to Bolton and Wolves can't do anything about it, however much they've offered for him. But we're not in a position where we would be able to offer him more than Bolton.

Last edited:
I don't really know why we're are going on aboutthis then. Surely the writings on the wall with regards to the permanent acquisition of Mark Davies?

We should persuade him that his future is here and get him to sign a pre-contract agreement to come here in the summer.

If he's as arrogant (confident?) as some of the Wolves fans seem to think, he might think he is good enough to force his way into the starting line up at Bolton. Playing in the premiership would then be the deciding factor.

We should persuade him that his future is here and get him to sign a pre-contract agreement to come here in the summer.

I thought you could only do that in January for a player not playing in England. I thought you could only do that in June for someone in England? Might be wrong though.....:102:

I thought you could only do that in January for a player not playing in England. I thought you could only do that in June for someone in England? Might be wrong though.....:102:

This was discussed before, and I seem to remember someone saying that that used to be the rule, but they've changed it recently to say everyone can do it in January. I think that's fair, I think it's stupid how foreign clubs almost get first pick of players whose contracts are running out.

This was discussed before, and I seem to remember someone saying that that used to be the rule, but they've changed it recently to say everyone can do it in January. I think that's fair, I think it's stupid how foreign clubs almost get first pick of players whose contracts are running out.

You're probably right, I'm getting my rules of Football Manager again.....:icon_wink

Found this on a Bolton forum:

"Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has warned any potential suitor of Mark Davies that he will not come cheap.

The 20-year-old is set to be out of contract in the summer and has begun to attract interest from afar.

Premier League outfit Bolton are reported to have tabled a bid in the region of £650,000, while League One Leicester are thought to have lodged a £300,000 approach.

Wolves insist they want to keep the youngster at Molineux and have gone as far as to offer him a new deal.

Were he to leave as a free agent at the end of the season then McCarthy's men would not be left completely empty-handed, as any club wishing to take him on would need to pay a fee set by a tribunal - as he is under 24.

However, Wolves are hoping the situation will not come to that and their manager insists Davies will be going nowhere until the figures being banded around begin to creep up.

"If someone wants, then let them offer the right amount for him," he told the Express and Star.

"We enquired about (Leicester's) Joe Mattock in the summer and we were told the fee was £3m - and he's played about 20 games.

"So how do we get from £3m for a young full-back who's played 20 games to £300,000 for one of our best young players?"

Davies rumoured to be off to Fulham.

Found this on a Bolton forum:

"Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has warned any potential suitor of Mark Davies that he will not come cheap.

The 20-year-old is set to be out of contract in the summer and has begun to attract interest from afar.

Premier League outfit Bolton are reported to have tabled a bid in the region of £650,000, while League One Leicester are thought to have lodged a £300,000 approach.

Wolves insist they want to keep the youngster at Molineux and have gone as far as to offer him a new deal.

Were he to leave as a free agent at the end of the season then McCarthy's men would not be left completely empty-handed, as any club wishing to take him on would need to pay a fee set by a tribunal - as he is under 24.

However, Wolves are hoping the situation will not come to that and their manager insists Davies will be going nowhere until the figures being banded around begin to creep up.

"If someone wants, then let them offer the right amount for him," he told the Express and Star.

"We enquired about (Leicester's) Joe Mattock in the summer and we were told the fee was £3m - and he's played about 20 games.

"So how do we get from £3m for a young full-back who's played 20 games to £300,000 for one of our best young players?"

What a tool, according to soccerbase Mattock has played 53 games for us, Davies has played 35 games for them, with a lot less starts.

What a tool, according to soccerbase Mattock has played 53 games for us, Davies has played 35 games for them, with a lot less starts.

And Davies is a couple of years older, had a lot more injury problems, only has 6 months left on his contract, and isn't a left sided player.

Other than that, perfect comparison Mick ;)

Although, I kind of see his point ;)

And Davies is a couple of years older, had a lot more injury problems, only has 6 months left on his contract, and isn't a left sided player.

Other than that, perfect comparison Mick ;)

Although, I kind of see his point ;)

I went to the game today and was surprised and dissapointed that Davies wasn't playing. Why is everyone assuming he has gone? Even if Bolton/Fulham have a bid accepted for him can he even leave us before February? Does he not have a contract with us until then?

Just been posted on FT by a Wolves fan saying Davies has submitted a transfer request.

Just had a Wolves club text confirming this. Says "bids received from Leicester and Bolton."

Last edited:
Just been posted on FT by a Wolves fan saying Davies has submitted a transfer request.

On wolves OS....

"Mick McCarthy tonight revealed that Wolves have received bids from both Bolton and Leicester for Mark Davies - and that the midfielder has rejected a new contract and handed in a transfer request.

Mark, on loan at Leicester, didn't turn out for the Foxes against Huddersfield this afternoon as news emerged of the permanent bids.

The 20-year-old's contract runs out in the summer, and Wolves would still be entitled to compensation should he leave then because he is under 24.

But given the player's stated intention to leave, Mick revealed tonight that if any of the offers are considered suitable, he could depart before the closure of the transfer window.

"We've had bids from Leicester and Bolton for Mark," said Mick.

"We actually want to keep him and have offered him a new deal but he doesn't want to stay and has put a transfer request.

"So if there's a deal that can be done that is right it could happen.

"It's a real shame becomes he's come through our Academy and is a good player but hadn't played for almost two years due to injury.

"He eventually gets fit and goes out to Leicester and has done well and now wants to leave.

"It's kind of sad that he sees his future elsewhere but if the deal is correct then we'll do it.

"I don't know what has happened with the bids as I don't deal with that side of things but I imagine negotiations will be taking place."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669