Davies Loan Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Boc ,bet woles are aware of that too ,thats why the bidding war has started for him now,im telling you now he will goto the highest bidder,hopefully us!!!!

Or maybe he would prefer to play in the Premier League than League One ?

Methinks we might have fecked this up by fartarsing around for too long

Or maybe he would prefer to play in the Premier League than League One ?

Methinks we might have fecked this up by fartarsing around for too long

He wont really get a game at Bolton though and I'd assume thats the same reason hes considering leaving Wolves.

I know Boc ,bet woles are aware of that too ,thats why the bidding war has started for him now,im telling you now he will goto the highest bidder,hopefully us!!!!

Why will he go to the highest bidder?

Wolves can't force him to go anywhere.

He might decide he'd rather play for a team that offers less to Wolves, or he might want to wait until the summer to see what options are available then.

He wont really get a game at Bolton though and I'd assume thats the same reason hes considering leaving Wolves.

Aye, they're fecking blessed with talent right now, aren't they ?

Footballers are pure egomaniacs. If he's offered a chance at a Premier league club he will naturally think he's going to play

Milan - please buy Mark Davies before someone else snaps him up.

From what I hear, he's one for the future and certainly seems to be the kind of player we need.

I remember when we got Muzzy on loan from Chelsea (as they were then, not Chelski). He was on loan until the end of the season and I believe West Ham were interested as well. Any way, during his loan period with us, he quickly became my favourite player and during the close season I was so hopeful that we'd be able to sign him permanently. I remember one day my dad got home from town and told me that West Ham had signed him and I remember feeling really upset! This feeling of sadness only lasted a few minutes though as shortly after the cruel lie, he dropped the Mercury on the table and the news was that Muzzy had signed permanently. Great stuff it was. And look how he went on to be arguably one of our best ever players.

Now I'm not drawign direct comparisons with Mark Davies, but from what I hear, he is putting in performances of a similar calibre to Muzzy in his first season and who knows what he could go on to achieve?

I really should stop reminiscing!

So are you suggesting that the amounts being bid and the 'offers' are actually wage/contract offers to Davies?

You seem to suggest that the offers being made are club - transfer offers, which cannot happen as he is a virtual free agent.

So are you suggesting that the amounts being bid and the 'offers' are actually wage/contract offers to Davies?

You seem to suggest that the offers being made are club - transfer offers, which cannot happen as he is a virtual free agent.

Why can't that happen?.. even when he's out of contract a transfer fee is still payable because of his age...

I presume your thinking Wolves, but if Davies is no longer technically 'tied' to Wolves, then why should we pay them a dime?

Because that's what the rules say. If a player under 23 leaves a club at the end of his contract, his new club has to pay 'training compensation', usually set by a tribunal.

That's why we had to pay for Gareth Williams and Nicky Adams, who were out of contract when they signed for us.

That's why we had to pay for Gareth Williams and Nicky Adams, who were out of contract when they signed for us.

How much did we pay for them and how much do you think we'll have to shell out for Davies IF he chooses to sign for us in the summer, Jeff? :)

How much did we pay for them and how much do you think we'll have to shell out for Davies IF he chooses to sign for us in the summer, Jeff? :)

We paid around £500,000 for Williams, £100,000 for Adams, plus add-ons based on appearances etc.

The compensation is supposed to reflect the number of years the player has been coached by his club, and at what level the club was at during that time. The FIFA rules specified a set amount for each year but I think the FA use their own rules.

Because that's what the rules say. If a player under 23 leaves a club at the end of his contract, his new club has to pay 'training compensation', usually set by a tribunal.

Now I get it.

What a ridiculous money-spinning rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673