Post Match Derby 0 - Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson is wound up something wicked by Stringer. It's actually hilarious.

Sounds pretty clear that Konchesky is on the way out.

For those of us who didnt hear it, please explain how its clear Konchesky is on the way out...

Fantastic result. Would have happily taken a point before the game. Good platform to build on and hopefully any transfer out for Konchesky will allow a little further strengthening

There are 3 parts to the sentence. Which part would you like me to explain, ( if I could be arsed)?

The part where you weren't at the game and relied on the radio to form an opinion?

Would someone who was at the game please tell us how it went -how did the three strikers work together, how did Jeff do at left back, who did well and who did not. Did we deserve to win?

Would someone who was at the game please tell us how it went -how did the three strikers work together, how did Jeff do at left back, who did well and who did not. Did we deserve to win?
I can only answer your first question; we won 1-0, but you might choose not to believe me as I wasn't there.

A big come down after last weeks victory but credit has to go to Leicester, came with a game plan and were solid throughout. Never carved us open but never got carved open themselves, just a structured away performance. We struggled against teams who set up like this last year, notably Cardiff and Hull. Thought Moore was superb, cleaned everything up. A big difference to our centre backs, especially Keogh. He just about single handily won the game for Leicester today, awful performance. If we could have been better defensively and not smash the ball into the back of our own keeper for a goal we could be sat here with the same feeling about being lacklustre up top but we'd have a point.

I think that was the difference, the quality of performance from our back 4 and Leicester's. Not one of Leicester's defenders had a bad game where as Keogh and Forsyth were off it today. Steady day for both keepers, Schemichael the busiest but didn't have many shot's to worry about. Shame we didn't get many decent shots away as he spills alot of them. Whilst Leicester defended well I thought we were abit clueless going forward, last year at home we seemed to carve out chance after chance but it didn't happen today (or Vs Blackburn). Still early days, hardly the worst performance you'll ever see so nothing to worry about as of yet.

Report from a Derby fan

have some of us underestimated the manager? is he really on the cusp of having a side that can switch formation comfortably during matches to suit the oppositions strengths and game situation? early days but would be quite tricky for a team to prepare to play us if they have no idea how we will set up ?

Last edited:
Report from a Derby fan

****sake Hazzmo, I wish you'd put that at the start of the post or maybe wrapped it all up in a quote. I kept rereading it thinking "what the **** is he on about?" until saw that line

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570