Derby 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a good call for Sol to move into midfield, if, Sven wants to change the back four.
The way Sol chests the ball down and brings it away under control, rather that put his head into the clearance, suggests he could do the job.
Interesting that our back four would then have an average age of about 10!

As regards Ricardo, I like the look of the bloke as a keeper. Always difficult for a new keeper to come in to a team as compared to outfield positions.

With us still to play QPR, F~~##t, Norwich, Cardiff, it is all very much in our own hands.

I... I'm struggling to understand why anyone would want to pick fault with Oakley, Vassell or Ricardo.

Unless, of course, they are Leicester fans and live to moan.

Yup. That's probably it.

Joke for Bamba and his bump
Bamba say's to Ricardo" Ricardo mate can you scratch me bump?"
Ricardo says" Well can't you scratch it yourself?"
Bamba replies" Well I would do, but your closer to it than me!" :102:

I think it's a good call for Sol to move into midfield, if, Sven wants to change the back four.
The way Sol chests the ball down and brings it away under control, rather that put his head into the clearance, suggests he could do the job

But if it aint broke, why fix it? The set up as it is doesn't need changing IMO.

First half performance was as good as I've seen us play away from home this season (not that I've seen a lot!), but in the second half, I was a just a bit dissapointed we almost let them back into it. To be honest even though Derby were better in the second half, they still never really looked like scoring.

Ricardo 6. Well I have to agree his distribution looks better than Weale, but he is hardly a commanding presence when it comes to catching. Too early to call as he barely had a thing to do.

Naughton 6 good going forward, but his poor first touch, especially in the second half, put us under pressure a few times

Bamba 8 dealt with everything they threw at us, never looked troubled

Mee 8 solid, winning everything in the air, and he impressed me a lot.

Van Aanholt 6 didn't really do anything wrong, but didn't do much either, except for that fizzing cross in the first half

Oakley 7 Had a solid game I felt, some good covering. But I do feel Abe will get his place back

King 7 Great finish for the goal, and comfortable in possession

Wellens 6 first half he was dictating the play, but in the second didn't really seem to be in the match

Gallagher 7 again at the heart of everything we do which is good going forward, and unlucky not to score with that beauty of a strike in the first half

Vassell 7 Our best player in the first half, really worked hard. Faded in the second

Yakubu 7 He deserves a 7 if only for that goal and some good hold up play, as did very little else. But you'd probably take a striker who bags a goal, rather than one who just runs around and doesn't get anywhere

I also thought for the short time Bruma was on the pitch he looked calm and assured, and I will be surprised if he doesn't get into the starting XI soon.

Agree, mostly, but would have given Gallagher an 8. 2 assists, of which the second in particular was a sublime defense opening pass.

He has been one of out best players this season, but the guy in front of me still slags him off every game. :icon_roll

That's interesting because Alan Young on RL berated Vassell, especially in the first half, for not working hard enough and said he should copy Gally's excellent example of tracking back and defending when needed.

He reckons Vassell and Yakubu could offer so much more if they put more effort in.

Vassell was excellent first half. Held the ball up really well. He is playing a role that isn't really his favoured one and he put an excellent shift in. Not trying hard enough would be the last criticism I'd have made of him yesterday.

Last edited:
Bamba Bruma Mee Vitor represents an incredibly strong pool of centre backs to choose from. If Mee and Bruma have ''must play' clauses in their loans then I can see Bamba being moved into holding midfield. Presently I would say Bamba is first choice. The mans been first class since he arrived - massive and dosn't hoof the ball unless he has too. Ik. Going to go out on a limb and say we'll be automatically promoted. There - I've said it.

Bamba Bruma Mee Vitor represents an incredibly strong pool of centre backs to choose from. If Mee and Bruma have ''must play' clauses in their loans then I can see Bamba being moved into holding midfield. Presently I would say Bamba is first choice. The mans been first class since he arrived - massive and dosn't hoof the ball unless he has too. Ik. Going to go out on a limb and say we'll be automatically promoted. There - I've said it.

ssssh but i'm starting to think that we just MIGHT do it as well!

In place of Abe who has been a key part of the key part of our team lately?

Bamba Bruma Mee Vitor represents an incredibly strong pool of centre backs to choose from. If Mee and Bruma have ''must play' clauses in their loans then I can see Bamba being moved into holding midfield. Presently I would say Bamba is first choice. The mans been first class since he arrived - massive and dosn't hoof the ball unless he has too.
Why are you so insistent that a defender must get moved into midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669