Derby 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking game. Not so good second half when Derby went 4-4-2 but we closed them down and could have got a couple more. We were lucky to get away with a pefectly good penalty shout against Gallagher but I guess we got the luck that comes with you when you're playing well. Silly booking for Waggy but he did make me laugh.

Easy three points.

Back five solid against toothless attack. Mee was excellent, fair play and let's see if he can keep it up against Cardiff.

Gally on fire spreading balls, Kingy with late runs, quiet for Wellens.

Yak exactly why we bought him & Vassell hard work.

Last edited:
Mee was MOTM I think today, quality performance and didn't see him put a foot wrong. I expected Bruma to come straight into the team for Mee, but he might have to wait a bit longer based on that.

Strange how people are assuming that Bruma will replace Mee. I don't see it that way and I think it's more likely that Bamba will be the one to give way.

Gallagher 7 again at the heart of everything we do which is good going forward, and unlucky not to score with that beauty of a strike in the first half

Vassell 7 Our best player in the first half, really worked hard. Faded in the second

Yakubu 7 He deserves a 7 if only for that goal and some good hold up play, as did very little else. But you'd probably take a striker who bags a goal, rather than one who just runs around and doesn't get anywhere.

That's interesting because Alan Young on RL berated Vassell, especially in the first half, for not working hard enough and said he should copy Gally's excellent example of tracking back and defending when needed.

He reckons Vassell and Yakubu could offer so much more if they put more effort in.

That's interesting because Alan Young on RL berated Vassell, especially in the first half, for not working hard enough and said he should copy Gally's excellent example of tracking back and defending when needed.

He reckons Vassell and Yakubu could offer so much more if they put more effort in.

Yes but Alan Young is a tool.

I'm watching the game again while working this morning - and I'm struggling to understand why anyone would want to pick fault with Oakley, Vassell or Ricardo.

Unless, of course, they are a bit dim and love to live to moan.

It's been suggested Bamba goes into Abe's position and then Bruma & Mee at centre back.

Where has this been suggested? Would be a silly choice imo. Although I love watching Bamba play I can't see him being steady enough in midfield.

QPR winning 1-0 against Forest, and Forest just had a player sent off. QPR winning is the best result for us in that game I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669