Derby 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nc2joj.jpg

Bamba's new friend for those who didn't see.

Even your avatar looks shocked at the sight of it.

Last edited:
Satisfying result. Just for the topic of conversation, what was the difference between 1st and 2nd halves. We looked so comfortable. Would have been so nice to rout them by more.

The difference for me was that Derby afforded us less room to play in the second half. In the first half they went like for like and it failed miserably. After the break they changed their system and tried to get at us a bit more. But we were never anything less than comfortable. We just played a little deeper and held out for the win. Which is what I would think Sven told them to do at half time.

The first half was fantastic, pity that City were shooting away from us fans!

I thought Ricardo looked very confident, it was only his kicking in the second half that seemed poor, in the first half his distribution blew Weale's away. He did look a little bit dodgy when he came out of his box! but he didnt have a save to make.

Just watching the game back on the BT box :) - life is good! Cannot wait to see Yaks goal again.

I can back the Sven love!

I thought first half wad excellent for a team away from home. Second half we did what some would describe as a 'professional job' and made sure the result stayed the same.

Well, got to watch the game, so going to comment on it! Bollocks if that isn't acceptable to BM.

While Ricardo did have one or two iffy moments I think he will, in the long term, prove himself to be a better option than Weale. He kept a clean sheet today, and his distribution was miles better than Weale's. To be perfectly honest, I think Weale is limited and I'm glad Sven is looking for a replacement. Time will tell if it is Ricardo.

Both full backs played well. Bamba was terrific. Mee is a scrappy, tough, player and played well....but I suspect Bruma will oust him fairly soon.

Gallagher was absolutely brilliant today. Easily the man of the match for me. 2 assists, ran his knackers off and just looks so good on the ball. If Yuki is tired, fair enough, but I do prefer to have him in there as opposed to Oakley.

What an absolutely class bit of football from the Yak for his goal. My old man and I were laughing moments before about how lazy he looked but that he had such quality. Can't imagine Fryatt, Howard, Waghorn or anyone else scoring a goal like that.

King was excellent today too. All in all, what a terrific first half performance...I'd go as far as to say that is the best football (and maybe the best team) I've seen City play since the O'Neill era.

It's truly a delight to watch. That said, still a LONG way to go and results didn't go our way today.

That's 3 goals and 3 assists from Yakubu in 5 games.

He can be as lazy as he likes for all I care if he has direct influence over more than a goal a game.

After a win like that and still 4 points from the play offs. Even if we win next Friday we'll still be outside the top 6.

After a win like that and still 4 points from the play offs. Even if we win next Friday we'll still be outside the top 6.

But Leeds and Norwich play each other next weekend, so we will definitely close in on the top 6 if we win at the weekend.

That's 3 goals and 3 assists from Yakubu in 5 games.

He can be as lazy as he likes for all I care if he has direct influence over more than a goal a game.

Agree entirely mate. If he saunters about doing feck all but we keep winning and he keeps banging in goals...fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669