Post Match Derby 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will today be the day or should we delay putting up the bunting.
I would put some champers in the fridge but it is crammed with frois gras and caviar.
Stevie Bruce is avin a party
Bring you vodka and you.......!

Having calmed down after recovering from the pitiful performance of Saturday, I see the situation as:

1. Pearson - no good in the longer term but leave him to see if he can snatch something from this mess, redeem his reputation and then get rid bringing someone in with better man management skills and tactical awareness

2. Recognise that this mess isn't entirely Pearson's doing - players talk the talk but are not prepared to regularly put in a shift

3. Owners also partly to blame because they have given Pearson the marching orders to cut the costs, reduce the squad and this has led to a knackered set of players either physically or mentally or both. This is ironic because they have wasted so much money and now cut back just when promotion was in sight

4. Understand that there is one consolation - if in the most unlikely event this squad was promoted via the play offs we would be all fed up by November with the humiliations visited on us on a near weekly basis. The club promoted via the play offs has only a limited opportunity to bring in better players - and we would find it very difficult anyway to find the right players given our obvious weaknesses.

5. Whoever comes in for next season - please find a couple of midfielders capable of physically dominating Championship rivals.

I didn't realise we had such a majority of negative supporters. Lets go back to the likes of Sven and Sousa, the ones entrusted with spending huge amounts for very little return. Pearson was doing a good job the 1st time around, and when he came back he has to try and clear up the mess of the previous incumbents. It would appear people have given in, I'm glad I wasn't alongside you lot in the trenches.

I didn't realise we had such a majority of negative supporters. Lets go back to the likes of Sven and Sousa, the ones entrusted with spending huge amounts for very little return. Pearson was doing a good job the 1st time around, and when he came back he has to try and clear up the mess of the previous incumbents. It would appear people have given in, I'm glad I wasn't alongside you lot in the trenches.

Which trenches were you in? Garden trenches, gas mains trenches, water mains or other?

I Don't think it's time to sack Pearson yet, but he needs to change our form quickly.

As much as i have my doubts about Pearson, i thought it was harsh to sack Sven only 2 points off the playoffs, and it would be harsher to Sack Pearson while we are still in them.

I Don't think it's time to sack Pearson yet, but he needs to change our form quickly.

As much as i have my doubts about Pearson, i thought it was harsh to sack Sven only 2 points off the playoffs, and it would be harsher to Sack Pearson while we are still in them.

I agree. Perceptions matter and whilst we are in with a shout and in the cold light of day I too think it wouldn't be right. Unfortunately sometimes you just know when someone has shot it - nonetheless best that this matter is played out now but He is very near to the edge and somehow needs to lift the squad in the next week or so.

I agree. Perceptions matter and whilst we are in with a shout and in the cold light of day I too think it wouldn't be right. Unfortunately sometimes you just know when someone has shot it - nonetheless best that this matter is played out now but He is very near to the edge and somehow needs to lift the squad in the next week or so.

I actually have more confidence that he will improve things following his recent interviews, he seems to recognise he is at risk and seemed less cocky and stubborn, hopefully this will lead to a fresh approach for the next game.

I actually have more confidence that he will improve things following his recent interviews, he seems to recognise he is at risk and seemed less cocky and stubborn, hopefully this will lead to a fresh approach for the next game.

I know what you mean. I sensed that he realised that his repetitive deadhand arrogant responses
have run out of currency. The club also ought to stop putting up players to give brainless interviews to the Mercury promising the earth followed by miserable displays delivering nothing. Drinkwater was the latest in this mode but there have been plenty of others. Its going to take a lot to regain the necessary momentum and I don't think this will happen.....but Pearson probably has to be given the opportunity.

Are you all blind? The problem is clearly the flowers at the training ground.

Sort it out, Milan, for ****'s sake.

At least we aren't at this stage....................

20130318_141707.jpg

Thats my point!!
Do you really think if we got promoted he would be playing in the prem?
2 years time he would be playing for Cov. earning **** all.
Playing for leicester earning top wages for at least 3 yrs IF NOT PROMOTED!!
Id say that's true of at least 50% of leicester's players

You never know Marshall might be a high flying Property Magnate one of these days. I mean who thought this guy would be.

Last edited:
Nice summary there Kingy. :icon_lol:

It's a shocking run that we are on at the minute but I still think sacking now would be a bit short sighted as we are still in a good position that we would have all taken at the start of the year and still well within striking distance of out ultimate goal.

If however this does continue until the end of the year or we even fall short prior to then there will be extremely little defence for keeping Pearson and I would fully expect the owners to wield the axe.

Succinct and to the point although you could have added 'Manager not managing'.

Could he also have added 'Supporters not supporting'? - or is that only home games?

Could he also have added 'Supporters not supporting'? - or is that only home games?

From my experience of away games (limited this season) I would say you are probably correct in the suggestion that our away support is 'better' than our home support.

I'll not get into the 'chicken and egg' argument at this stage :icon_wink

looking for someon to blame?

On the 1st February Mr Beagrie said this about the race to finish 2nd in the Championship.

''Leicester are, for me, favourites to join Cardiff in the Premier League next term; I did fancy Hull to pip them but have changed my mind now that Foxes boss Nigel Pearson beat off competition from an array of Championship clubs to sign Chris Wood. The New Zealander's arrival and presence of David Nugent - a jewel at this level who is not only a great goalscorer but a scorer of great goals, not to mention a gem in the dressing room due to his sunny disposition - Jamie Vardy, Martyn Waghorn and Paul Gallagher means City have an abundance of firepower up front, a trio of tricky wingers in Lloyd Dyer, Ben Marshall and Anthony Knockaert and the best defence in the division. Leicester have a squad good enough to rival anyone's and large enough to cope with any injury, as proved with 10-goal-a-season man Andy King replacing fellow midfielder Matty James for the Foxes' last two games.''

The last match before this quote was the 2-1 win over Wolves. The next one was the draw at Huddersfield in the cup after the international break. I wont bother about the results since then.

I'll not get into the 'chicken and egg' argument at this stage :icon_wink

It's been had before on these pages. I suspect that some opinions on the matter might have been modified since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566