Derby (A) KO time changed for Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been regular £15 ticket offers, but they've never resulted in a full ground. They may sell a few thousand more tickets, but not enough to make more money than a lower crowd with normal ticket prices.

I really dont think you can judge it on one off games discounted in a season.

Some people cannot make it when these random games pop up, but give them a season ticket where adults are a tenner a game and they will make it part of their routine.

I really dont think you can judge it on one off games discounted in a season.

Some people cannot make it when these random games pop up, but give them a season ticket where adults are a tenner a game and they will make it part of their routine.

When it's a one off cheap price there's a lot of publicity about it, and people who only go to occasional games will choose to go to it. So I'd expect a bigger crowd for these games than there would be if it was always that cheap.

I have to agree with Hazz, and others, on this topic.

Surely the optimum scenario is to fill the ground and then to give viewing access to as many people as possible. By imposing the rule that the match can be shown online if 95% of tickets are sold, it encourages the club to price tickets at such a level that they are affordable to people wanting to attend, while also maximising the overall ticket (including TV ticket) revenue.

I also believe that all games should be available to view online if you're outside the UK - that seems to make sense, given that it won't affect in-person attendance.

I will go to the Derby game regardless. As for the Boro game, I'm glad it's on TV. I go to 75%+ of games in a season, but won't be able to make it to this one because of work commitments, so I'm delighted to be able to watch it on TV instead. That said, I would have prefered it to have remained on the Saturday, so it's a bit of a silly argument really.

My own harebrained scheme would be to require all teams showing a live game on any tv station in their own country to half prices for all fans for that game. There would also be a corresponding discount applied to season ticket holders renewal for the following season based on the number of tv showings. I would also only allow teams to set one price per fixture per season for a seat.

As for watching games overseas, the problem is that people will watch in this country via the interweb for free as we saw last season when the Thai's showed games over there. It's virtually impossible to police so I'd be in favour of tightening up on live games overseas, not adding to the problem.

As for watching games overseas, the problem is that people will watch in this country via the interweb for free as we saw last season when the Thai's showed games over there. It's virtually impossible to police so I'd be in favour of tightening up on live games overseas, not adding to the problem.

Me watching the game is a problem? I'd much rather watch it through legitimate channels than illegitimate ones.

Me watching the game is a problem? I'd much rather watch it through legitimate channels than illegitimate ones.

Likewise. I'd happily pay £5/£10 to watch a decent stream that isn't in a foreign language/intermittent/etc, as opposed to the £30 ticket that I cannot regularly afford.

Of course it's a problem because if you're watching the game, people in Leicester are too. And that is whether it is through legitimate means or not.

Most "unofficial" streams are poor quality, would people really prefer to watch a blocky buffering stream when they could go to the match instead?

Absolutely. Didn't last season's games via usually piss poor Thai link prove it? Loads of people on this site and others from all round Leicester were asking for links and how to watch for free.

Absolutely. Didn't last season's games via usually piss poor Thai link prove it? Loads of people on this site and others from all round Leicester were asking for links and how to watch for free.

Instead of going down to the ground? I doubt that.

I suspect the people wanting streams were people that either:

a. don't usually go
b. can't go

anecdotes aren't proof.

Last edited:

Of course people not at the match watched the stream. That's because they weren't at the match and it was the next best thing.

But that doesn't mean those people would have gone to the match if there was no stream available. I can't imagine anyone who would normally go to the match would see a crap stream as a viable alternative.

Even if I lived next to the KP, I'd sometimes rather watch a dodgy stream tbh, as I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

I'm not skint, but hardly loaded, and £30 is too much to spend every other week.

Last edited:
Even if I lived next to the KP, I'd sometimes rather watch a dodgy stream tbh, as I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

I'm not skint, but hardly loaded, and £30 is too much to spend every other week.

But if there was no stream available, would you pay the £30 and go to the match (cheaper tickets are available), or would you listen to it on the radio instead?

But if there was no stream available, would you pay the £30 and go to the match (cheaper tickets are available), or would you listen to it on the radio instead?

Radio/BBC Sport/teletext. Anything really, just don't value a match live at £30.

Would anyone miss a match they would otherwise have gone to just because there might be a dodgy stream available?

I certainly wouldn't.

I suspect it goes like this in order of preference for most serious fans (where ticket price isn't a consideration):

1. Go to home games
2. Watch on TV
3. Watch a stream
4. Kill self
5. Listen to Stringer and Young

Unfortunately, 90% of the time I'm left with option 4 or 5. If I could regularly rely on option 3 that would be fantastic. It's part of why I am so desperate for us to go up...I know I'll be able to watch us every week in the top flight.

Last edited:
I certainly wouldn't.

I suspect it goes like this in order of preference for most serious fans (where ticket price isn't a consideration):

1. Go to home games
2. Watch on TV
3. Watch a stream
4. Kill self
5. Listen to Stringer and Young

Unfortunately, 90% of the time I'm left with option 4 or 5. If I could regularly rely on option 3 that would be fantastic. It's part of why I am so desperate for us to go up...I know I'll be able to watch us every week in the top flight.
Agree on every point

I can't imagine anyone who would normally go to the match would see a crap stream as a viable alternative.

As City count season ticket holders as present even when they aren't, it is difficult to prove. However, anyone will tell you that the stadium is missing many of the regular fans, quite a few of whom have already paid for the match, who prefer to watch the game on tv at home or at the pub. It happens every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00