Derby (A) KO time changed for Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not true in any way at all, of course.

But don't let that spoil a good story

And you know that how? I've read several things over the years stating that this is common practice and I've seen very good evidence of it at the KP on many, many occasions. Numerous clubs have said they do it as it makes calculating the attendance easier. I've never heard City officially say they do too, but I'd be amazed if they claimed otherwise.

As City count season ticket holders as present even when they aren't, it is difficult to prove. However, anyone will tell you that the stadium is missing many of the regular fans, quite a few of whom have already paid for the match, who prefer to watch the game on tv at home or at the pub. It happens every time.

I'm sure there are people who do that. But that's nothing to do with the point you were trying to make earlier, which was people deciding not to go because there may be a "piss poor Thai link" (your words).

And as that piss poor Thai link was available for most of last season, presumably the season ticket holders you talked about missed most of the season.

It's odd that crowds are lower this season even though there isn't a piss poor Thai link to watch the games on.

Last edited:
The turnstiles count the number of people who enter the stadium. This data goes to a computer which adds it all up. You can't make the attendance count any easier than that.

The fans forum has been told that the announced figure at matches is the actual number of tickets sold, not the physical count from the turnstiles, this comes direct from the chief exec so take it up with them. No club, as far as I am aware, announces the physical count.

The fans forum has been told that the announced figure at matches is the actual number of tickets sold, not the physical count from the turnstiles, this comes direct from the chief exec so take it up with them. No club, as far as I am aware, announces the physical count.

Thanks for the confirmation. It is clear using your own eyes that this must be the case.

In terms of the other main point, I was talking to two work colleagues (in Leicester) yesterday who both said that they would be watching the game in the pub rather than going to the game. If the game wasn't on tv, they would have attended. This is common and many of us must know people that do this sort of thing regularly?

There are 'hardened' football supporters, like many on this forum, that would always prefer to attend a game than watch it. However, there is also a considerable group that choose to watch at home or at the pub rather than attend if the game is on tv. This includes season ticket holders and otherwise regular attendees.

The Derby home game, myself and 3 mates were going to go.
However, the £30 for a match ticket buys a fair few pints.

TV won!
As it will this Friday evening (if the game is on).

I thought that was the case too. Some clubs started doing it, so others followed. I must admit, sometimes when they give the attendance, I think they've added a couple of thousand on for luck.

I have made a decision based on the forecasted weather and kickoff time that I will go up the local and watch, I would usually have attended and was planning to but I'll put the saved money towards Hudders away in the cup.

Leesoh has previously posted that they use the actual number of people there.

Really, she told me this morning that they take the ticket sales.

1. Go to home games
2. Watch on TV
3. Watch a stream
4. Kill self
5. Listen to Stringer and Young

As money is a problem these days, my order is:

1. Watch for free on TV
2. Watch stream for free
3. Listen to a decent free commentary
3. Organise books, CDs and electronic graphic novels into alphabetical order, by genre
4. Pick nose
5. Pick dog's nose
6. Listen to Stringer and Young

As money is a problem these days, my order is:

1. Watch for free on TV
2. Watch stream for free
3. Listen to a decent free commentary
3. Organise books, CDs and electronic graphic novels into alphabetical order, by genre
4. Pick nose
5. Pick dog's nose
6. Listen to Stringer and Young
2nd pt.3 should be higher! Underestimated as a way of life.

I'm only going to the game tomorrow because it is on TV in a way, although I am starting to regret that call given the current weather!

If it wasn't on TV, there wouldn't have been cheap tickets and in my opinion, £20 for an adult for a home game is about right and if they still have any pies & pints left then that'll be an extra bonus.

Normally I'd just stay at home at watch it on Sky as it is the price that puts me off mainly, as with FF £30 per game doesn't represent value for money for me as the opportunity cost of that is far greater to me away from the football.

£20 seems bang on to me and a bit surprised more haven't taken up the offer although understandable with the current weather situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00