Derby County (Away)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Some tough matches coming up, 3 points here would be ideal, but I wouldn't be too disheartened with a point.

I would expect Brown back in for this one, and fingers crossed Berner as well. Give Solano a rest with Morrison at right back. 1-0 win for the blue boys!

Weale

Neilson Hobbs Brown Powell

Adams King Wellens Dyer

Howard Vaughan

Subs: Logan, McGivern, Morrison, Spearing, Waghorn, N'Guessan, Gallagher

Need to freshen things up. Oakley and Solano need a few days on the oxygen.

Weale

Neilson Hobbs Brown Powell

Adams King Wellens Dyer

Howard Vaughan

Subs: Logan, McGivern, Morrison, Spearing, Waghorn, N'Guessan, Gallagher

Need to freshen things up. Oakley and Solano need a few days on the oxygen.

I take it you are taking the piss with that line up!
I'ld go 3-5-2
Weale
Morrison Brown Hobbs
Solano Spearing Wellans King Dyer
N'Guessan Waggy

I take it you are taking the piss with that line up!
I'ld go 3-5-2
Weale
Morrison Brown Hobbs
Solano Spearing Wellans King Dyer
N'Guessan Waggy

Whilst I agree Brown Nose is clearly taking the piss, I can only assume you are too?

3-5-2? There's a reason no side has played that formation for over a decade. Having such attacking wing-back as Solano and Dyer would leave us ready to be destroyed down the wings.

Really could do with winning this one firstly and mainly because I hate Derby, also because we could do with winning after the last two games I am going for a 1-0 City win with Waghorn scoring.

Weale

Morrison Brown Hobbs Powell

N'Guessan Oakley Wellens King Dyer

Waghorn

Is what I'd go, no doubt McGivern will still be in at LB though, ideally would love to have Berner back. It's nice to see Nige keep faith with McGivern in a way and I think he has improved. But we're at the business end of the season now and I don't think McGivern is reliable enough and we can't really afford to be putting him in there from the off learning his trade when £80m is up for grabs in my view. Save him for the subs bench to see games out if we are lucky enough to be in the position to be able to do that.

I think McGivern is fine against teams with no pacey winger, I'm not sure who Derby have.

Weale

Morrison
Hobbs
Brown
McGivern

Oakley
Gallagher
Wellens
Dyer
King

Waggy

Logan, Solano, N'Guessan, Howard, Spearing, Neilson, Vaughan (if fit or Kermogant if not).

Five years ago I would have loved to see Powell at left back for us. However, it seems there is a reason ghe never gets on the bench.
He is yesterdays man, ancient, finished, kaput, worn down, raddled with age, exhausted, fit for the knackers yard, remembering the days he played against Stanley Matthewslooking forward to his bus pass, reminiscing about the good old days, times winged chariot has run him down.
In short he is too old.

I know this because I am the same - apart from the Stanley Matthews bit.

Let Chris Powell do what we old codgers do best - concentrate on telling younger folk how they should be doing the job.

Five years ago I would have loved to see Powell at left back for us. However, it seems there is a reason ghe never gets on the bench.
He is yesterdays man, ancient, finished, kaput, worn down, raddled with age, exhausted, fit for the knackers yard, remembering the days he played against Stanley Matthewslooking forward to his bus pass, reminiscing about the good old days, times winged chariot has run him down.
In short he is too old.

Let Chris Powell do what we old codgers do best - concentrate on telling younger folk how they should be doing the job.

Hmm. What?

In short he is too old.

Think Matt Oakley's name deserves a mention amongst some of the descriptions there.

Weale

Morrison
Hobbs
Brown
McGivern

Oakley
Gallagher
Wellens
Dyer
King

Waggy

Logan, Solano, N'Guessan, Howard, Spearing, Neilson, Vaughan (if fit or Kermogant if not).

Would have thought that makes sense - be surprised if NP is giving much thought to the "anybody but McGivern" conundrum. If there is a problem as obviously Kebe posed, then surely one of the midfield should be doubling up - Spearing looks like he'd be up to the job, if Oakley can't be arsed.

Durby have brought in a couple of loanees and Commons is out - don't expect it to be an open game, so will need to dig in and take any chance that comes, unlike Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669