Derby Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yorkshire Vixen said:
a bloke and his son who sit in front of me always bring a flask and food it looks like theyve bought it a 3 course meal at half time sometimes :icon_bigg

I swear they would bring a picnic table if they could....:icon_bigg

Joe_Fox said:
Basically this moves us 8 points* away from safety so a good result.

*bearing in mind the goal difference.

:038: :038: :038:

An East Midlands derby will often end in a draw.
Towards safety:102:

Steven said:
el Hamdoui off. :icon_eek:

... immediately after whacking Stephen Hughes in the face!

lazzer said:
:icon_roll bless him he doesnt really get it :081:

Condescending coconut you are Marco.

webmaster said:
The twat who sits in front of me is one of the nastiest most vindictive people you could hope to meet. He's never got a good word to say about anyone, and he's continually moaning about certain players. He used to moan at de Vries when he scored, he moans at Douglas constantly, even when he has a good game. When the substitution was announced he stood up and cheered as though we'd scored. So in a way I was pleased that Henderson didn't play well, in the hope that maybe it will keep Mr Obnoxious quiet for a while.

I had quite a few of the same type sitting around me. They booed Sylla when his name was read out and the cheered, as if for a winning goal at Wembley, when both Douglas and Sylla was subbed.

Absolute silence from them as Henderson got worse and worse!

Matty Fryatt is class best player in the first half IMO.
As much as we all like Huuuuuuuuuume I would have liked to have seen Chris O'Grady on with Fryatt in the second half.
Henderson's kicking was woeful.

webmaster said:
The twat who sits in front of me is one of the nastiest most vindictive people you could hope to meet. He's never got a good word to say about anyone, and he's continually moaning about certain players. He used to moan at de Vries when he scored, he moans at Douglas constantly, even when he has a good game. When the substitution was announced he stood up and cheered as though we'd scored. So in a way I was pleased that Henderson didn't play well, in the hope that maybe it will keep Mr Obnoxious quiet for a while.
Webbo do you sit anywhere near me by any chance, as there is a chap who sounds exactly the same, continually moaning, cheered when rab went off, I too was glad in a way that Henderson was pretty poor; the best was when Henderson came out flapping for the ball and missed it completely, silence from him.

Last edited:
highland fox said:
Just horrible stuff...:102:

:icon_lol: Somebody is giving my deepest darkest secrets away and I dont like it:eek:

What Hugh Jarse and me get up to at half time is nobody else's concern...thank you :biggrin:

Last edited:
thats as maybe hazz but i think hulls last 6 games are against the top teams so theyve a great chance of finishing below us

Yorkshire Vixen said:
thats as maybe hazz but i think hulls last 6 games are against the top teams so theyve a great chance of finishing below us

Well there's an upside we have Hull at Home, there's one big remaining factor we currently have confidence and with that, anyone can beat anyone. The Reading game come to think may be an non-event for them, already promoted and all that.

Hazzman said:
Point gained in my book and another game off the list

The only probelm I have is we have some tough sides left
Reading, Crystal Palace, Luton to name a few.

Reading will be difficult, but Luton and Palace have had some poor results recently. If we play at our best for 90 mins we can beat any team in this league. We just need the consistency.

Hazzman said:
The only probelm I have is we have some tough sides left Reading, Crystal Palace, Luton to name a few.

... and all the other teams in the relegation dog-fight only have easy games left?

Innocent said:
I disagree about Kisnorbo. He's found his true position, and I think our central defence looks great - almost, dare I say it, a Taggart/Matty understanding between the two Paddies. I'm liking it.
Tonight, Maybury looked a lot better, but this may be because their back four were sluggish. Sylla however is only good when he's warmed up (20 minutes minimum), and then he's quickly knackered.
What impressed me generally was the spirit in the team and this is partly down to the management, but is also partly down to the front pairing. Huuuuuuume is a great vertical jumper, and even though he's not a big guy, seems to have this amazing accuracy with his headed flick-ons, too. Besides all his other skills. Fryatt is everywhere, has great positional awareness, and can turn on a square millimetre. When the strike force is sound and
when you have a formidable front combination like this, the whole team feels
confident. And this is what we saw.
Poor Henderson was nervy, agreed. But you know what? We actually won that game in every sense. We played the better and more skilful and pacey football, and we got a moral victory because my personal fave Stearman gave them an accidental goal, and I don't blame him at all because I love him to bits.
I felt proud tonight to be a Leicester fan. I felt proud of the support. I felt proud of the new managers, and I felt hugely proud of the lads. I believe, again, despite the hiccups.
That was football. That's what our young team is about. That's a positive.
Bring on Leeds! Let's tonk the racist scum!

We suffered in height though, McCarthy is good at heading, Kisnorbo aint , we need a taller central defender to knock out the ball from corners to add to the others we have, also for our corners, we dont score many from the many corners we have.

leicesterfan said:
We suffered in height though, McCarthy is good at heading, Kisnorbo aint , we need a taller central defender to knock out the ball from corners to add to the others we have, also for our corners, we dont score many from the many corners we have.

You're right, but it wasn't only at the back where we looked short. When the lined up it looked like men against boys, until they started playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669