Derby Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
What Hugh Jarse and me get up to at half time is nobody else's concern...thank you
I am not liking the man love, Mr PFKAKTF FOX.
It is satan's work.

merchant_banker said:
You're right, but it wasn't only at the back where we looked short. When the lined up it looked like men against boys, until they started playing.

There's more than one way of skinning a cat - and this one has brought us a run of four unbeaten games.

bocadillo said:
... and all the other teams in the relegation dog-fight only have easy games left?

There's that of course..I think Brighton, Millwall and Crewe are possibly beaten. But it only takes a victory to get you going. My brother said before the revival, how many games do you think we need to win, I predict 5. It may come true.

Hazzman said:
The Reading game come to think may be an non-event for them, already promoted and all that.

depends if their record unbeaten run is over....otherwise they may be desperate to keep it going

Hazzman said:
There's that of course..I think Brighton, Millwall and Crewe are possibly beaten. But it only takes a victory to get you going.

exactly...many of us couldn't see where the next point was coming from and I'm sure these clubs feel the same way. Crewe did it last season, it can be done.

But I don't think it will - although Millwall would be the most likely IMO as they are picking up points.

Innocent said:
I disagree about Kisnorbo. He's found his true position, and I think our central defence looks great - almost, dare I say it, a Taggart/Matty understanding between the two Paddies. I'm liking it.
Tonight, Maybury looked a lot better, but this may be because their back four were sluggish. Sylla however is only good when he's warmed up (20 minutes minimum), and then he's quickly knackered.
What impressed me generally was the spirit in the team and this is partly down to the management, but is also partly down to the front pairing. Huuuuuuume is a great vertical jumper, and even though he's not a big guy, seems to have this amazing accuracy with his headed flick-ons, too. Besides all his other skills. Fryatt is everywhere, has great positional awareness, and can turn on a square millimetre. When the strike force is sound and
when you have a formidable front combination like this, the whole team feels
confident. And this is what we saw.
Poor Henderson was nervy, agreed. But you know what? We actually won that game in every sense. We played the better and more skilful and pacey football, and we got a moral victory because my personal fave Stearman gave them an accidental goal, and I don't blame him at all because I love him to bits.
I felt proud tonight to be a Leicester fan. I felt proud of the support. I felt proud of the new managers, and I felt hugely proud of the lads. I believe, again, despite the hiccups.
That was football. That's what our young team is about. That's a positive.
Bring on Leeds! Let's tonk the racist scum!

Quality Post!

I thought our midfield looked a bit shakey, especially with joey giving away posession every time he touched the ball!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669