Derby Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen us much but I saw virtually every game under Pleat and yesterday was a lot better than anything I saw in the Pleat era and I'm one of Kellys biggest critics

Henderson 6
Maybury 4
Stearman 5
Kisnorbo 6
Kenton 6
Tiatto 8 fantastic
Jarrett 7
Hughes 1
Porter 2
Hume 4
Hammond 2

Fryatt 8
Yeates 0

Tiatto had a good game but as a matter of principle I would have marked him down. That elbow was irresponsible, needless and pretty much sums up Tiatto. Can you imagine the uproar if it had been one of our opponents.

I thought Jarrett and Hume did well. Hughes was pretty abysmal but I feel that there is something there which a decent manager could get out of him....he did play Champions League for fecks sake! Fryatt was excellent.

Tiatto had a good game but as a matter of principle I would have marked him down. That elbow was irresponsible, needless and pretty much sums up Tiatto. Can you imagine the uproar if it had been one of our opponents.
I thought Jarrett and Hume did well. Hughes was pretty abysmal but I feel that there is something there which a decent manager could get out of him....he did play Champions League for fecks sake! Fryatt was excellent.

Did you not see Moore's forearm smash on Hume then?:102:

Did you not see Moore's forearm smash on Hume then?:102:
On more than one occasion in the second half. I was behind the goal and with those arms working like they did he should have been of the field. Still if the ref lets him get away with it time after time he's going to continue doing it.

Henderson 6 - did everything he had to (not a lot) very competently
Maybury 6 - had a great game defensively, but was poor with distribution
Kisnorbo 6 - good game, but drawn out of position for their goal
Kenton 5 - adequate
Stearman 3 - very disappointed
Hughes 4 - a shadow of what I expected from this guy, but not as bad as I thought reading the reports on here.
Tiatto 6 - good game, but could have been sent off
Jarrett 6 - good game, better than I expected
Porter 5 - never got the service to do that much
Hume 6 - busy, but ineffective for the level of effort
Hammond 4 - didn't play to his strength (pace)

Fryatt 7 - showed some class when he came on and was a more effective link between the midfield and attack

Yeates 4 - had no impact when he came on

Ref 3 - We should have had a peno and Moore and Twatto should have been off. Gave the 'big' club most of the decisions early on in the game. The peno could have changed the whole nature of the game.

I watched the above thru a Guiness haze in Spain. We looked poor in the first half, but no worse than the sheep. We had the edge in the 2nd half, but didn't go for it when we had the chance. Must have been a pretty dull game for the neutral, but we played better than I expected.

They are in this league Alex.

There are 8 or so clubs that have much better squads than we do. MM has a lot of work to do in the summer.

They are in this league Alex.

There are 8 or so clubs that have much better squads than we do. MM has a lot of work to do in the summer.

Derby are not as big as us by a country mile....

But they may well be playing Premiership Football next year...we won't.At the moment we are light years of a Premership team and I think it may well take more than one season to turn us into one,whoever is anaging

I am just looking at quality of squad and performances this season - on that basis they are a country mile ahead of us.

If you take in the bigger club issue and history/trophies then there can't be much in it? We have the better recent history (last 10-15 years).

I would have thought in terms of ground, fan base etc Leicester and Derby are about as similar as you could get.

Derby have a more illustrious long term history; we've done generally better in recent years....and the clubs have similar potential.

The biggest difference is that they seem to have a quality manager....and we have an idiot (in football, not personal terms).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669