Difficult to beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

Hurrah,
it looks like Sven Dog and Dez Fizzle (trademark) are forging a team that is 3/4 of the way there.....
The defence has really tightened up and if we can hold on to naughton and davies until january at least we can reappraise then and hopefully buy one of them for over the odds cash!
abe, wellens and king can pass the ball to each other all day and hopefuly abe will only improve as time goes by. it seem that he is doing so quite quickly so far.

The only big problem we have is that we have 10 forward players who it's clear that several managers have no idea how to play together (largely because there's no stand out peformer who demands selection) - howard, fryatt, oakley, crncic, n'guessan and moussa will be lucky to survive the january shuffle in my opinion. Fryatt hasn't got the balls to be a top notch championship scorerer. he's only ever scored and held his own consistently in the third division and when someone is taking all the physical flack for him (howard). Get a million squid for him when hull are desperate (which is now) and spend it on a chrimbo party with wicked thai food.

3 wins on the trot in the next 10 days - and then we'll see what's wot

You obviously must have been watching a different player to me last season just before Fryatt got his injury, because from what I saw he was by far and away our stand out player for the second third of last season regardless of whether or not Howard was alongside him or not.

The likes of Howard, Moussa and Fryatt will still all be essential to us this season, whether or not they are in form right now. They all offer something that our other players do not, it would be silly to sell them.

Last edited:
Anything more than two lines long is obviously complete nonsense. If you can't make your point in less than two lines, you're obviously talking bollocks.

Anything more than two lines long is obviously complete nonsense. If you can't make your point in less than two lines, you're obviously talking bollocks.

:icon_lol: :038: On a serious note I think we are doing extremely well under Sven, we have tightemed up the back four and are getting results :038:

Maybe we should have a 140 character limit on posts. That would stop all the writing in paragraphs nonsense some people do.

If people can't fit everything into 140 characters they should lern 2 rite propa.

Bugger. I went over the limit. Maybe I should have a look at Twitter to see how it's done.

Maybe we should have a 140 character limit on posts. That would stop all the writing in paragraphs nonsense some people do.

If people can't fit everything into 140 characters they should lern 2 rite propa.

Bugger. I went over the limit. Maybe I should have a look at Twitter to see how it's done.

:038:

Duuurrrrr, you're supposed to tell us what pointless activity you've just engaged in.

Ate some tuna & sweetcorn, poured another drink, might go for a dump tomorrow

Well that puts my hero Edward Gibbon in his place. His great book is nearly 2,000 pages. I suppose he could have done it in two sentences: "The decline of Rome was due to the pernicious influence of Christianity. Anyone who thinks differently is obviously talking bollocks." (By the way the last three words are more Macky than Gibbon). I apologise for the rest of my post which will go way over two lines.

One problem with short posts is that phrases are used like "obviously complete nonsense" and "obviously talking bollocks." "Obviously" means you will not give reasons for your view.

It seems to me that there are two kinds of posts. Some are the short repartee which is fine often humourous and often enjoyable. . However, they are not the reason I come on this site. I want to read the views of people who like myself care deeply (friends would say ridiculously deeply) about Leicester City.

In my experience people who believe in a simple explanation never understand the event. I distrust superficial glib solutions to complex problems.

I cannot get to Away games so I want to know things from those who were there..
Was Cunningham an improvement on Berner and Vitor on Hobbs?
Was the clean sheet down to Barnsley incompetence or the pace of our back four?
We are told Abe played well - but in what role?
Was the failure of our strikers to score due to lack of chances falling to them or did they miss chances?
Did Leicester appear to be struggling for fitness at the end?

If you are still reading this Macky I have a question for you. I know from previous posts on different threads that you have a love of History. Do do you apply your "two line rule" to History books?

Duuurrrrr, you're supposed to tell us what pointless activity you've just engaged in.

Ate some tuna & sweetcorn, poured another drink, might go for a dump tomorrow

sweetcorn will come back whole hehe :icon_lol:

abe, wellens and king can pass the ball to each other all day and hopefuly abe will only improve as time goes by.

Abe got man of the match today, well done Abe :038:

Last edited:
Two lines Mr David. Only very special people continue reading past two lines.
Rather than causing its downfall, the pernicious influence of Christianity prolonged the Roman empire, so your man Gibbon was obviously talking bollocks

Two lines Mr David. Only very special people continue reading past two lines.

Wrong. Only people with either an attention span deficit or those who are intellectually challenged or shallow do not read more than two lines.

Hurrah for Mr Gwilliam and others of his ilk because it makes me realise that, whilst most on here are morons, there are actually one or two others with similar intelligence to mine.

Wrong. Only people with either an attention span deficit or those who are intellectually challenged or shallow do not read more than two lines.

I have neither of those conditions, therefore your hypothesis fails at the first test.

Hurrah for Mr Gwilliam and others of his ilk because it makes me realise that, whilst most on here are morons, there are actually one or two others with similar intelligence to mine.

Only a fool thinks he is wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570