Difficult to beat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tits?

Wibble?

In all seriousness, Sven is doing a bang up job.

I rate Fryatt very highly, but only in the right system and I'm not sure that system is the one Sven is employing. I am starting to think it may make sense to cash in on Fryatt for a player more suited to the style and formation we seem to be favouring.

I fear too, for the long term future of Waghorn, who while more suited to the system seems to be hopelessly out of form based on accounts. Is that a fair observation?

Last edited:
Only a fool thinks he is w*s*

If this statement is true and, surely we would all agree that a wise man (or woman) who thinks that he is foolish would be foolish too; then, all men are fools. It follows, from this, that to call anyone foolish is unnecessary and as much a self description as a criticism.

This forum should now receive less than a quarter the number of posts and no one can say what they think of this post! :102::icon_lol:

....... I am starting to think it may make sense to cash in on Fryatt.....

Interesting point there, MA.

However, I doubt we'd actually 'cash in', as you say, as his stock has hardly risen.
Suppose someone may still take a punt - I think someone suggested Hull, but it looks like NP may be battling to stay in the job.

Mr Gwilliam, Abe started in right midfield but we changed formation (it seemed) very early on.

Abe then sat alongside Wellens in a defensive midfield role, andy king in front of them.

He did really well - ran all game long, kept the ball as much as anyone else, battled really well despite getting several heavy tackles, he was pretty good in the air too despite his height.

On the fryatt thing, I didn't see waghron do anything that fryatt cannot. When on form, Fryatt is still our best strike, Waghorn still has some improving to do.

Wrong. Only people with either an attention span deficit or those who are intellectually challenged or shallow do not read more than two lines.

Hurrah for Mr Gwilliam and others of his ilk because it makes me realise that, whilst most on here are morons, there are actually one or two others with similar intelligence to mine.

Thank you for the compliment although I must disassociate myself from the morons comment. I have unconditional regard for all my fellow posters.

Gwilliam did you mean 'moran's comment' in the singular -in which case WHO do you mean OR 'morans comments' meaning there's more than one and you missed an 's' off.

To answer your questions
Was Cunningham an improvement on Berner -
Yes but needs to improve positioning unlucky to be booked
Vitor on Hobbs -Yes he looks so assured and can pass and now he even scores!
Was the clean sheet down to Barnsley incompetence or the pace of our back four?
Yes to both

We are told Abe played well - but in what role?
Already answered elsewhere and I would agree Abe played well - When he got through near the end I was willing him to go for goal and shoot!

Was the failure of our strikers to score due to lack of chances falling to them or did they miss chances?
We missed chances having created enough - we need a top class striker to put them away

Did Leicester appear to be struggling for fitness at the end?
Not as much as in previous games although Waggy looked knackered 10 minutes before he went off. Vassell started looking a bit out of touch but then got better and showed some good touches, and what he could do.

Interesting point there, MA.

However, I doubt we'd actually 'cash in', as you say, as his stock has hardly risen.
Suppose someone may still take a punt - I think someone suggested Hull, but it looks like NP may be battling to stay in the job.

No doubt his stock is down and I doubt any premier clubs are still looking. That said, I would hope a few scouts and managers have longer memories and review tape of Fryatt and find him to be a pretty good striker.

I suppose you could get 500K plus at the minute which is a far cry from the days he could have commanded a 7 figure sum. And if the club doesn't need the money he is certainly talented enough to keep in the squad and young enough to improve.

As for a comparison with Waghorn. Fryatt is, in my mind clearly the smarter footballer and more consistent finisher but doesnt have the physical gifts, pace and power, that Waghorn has. Sven's team is about pace and Fryatt is not gifted with it.

Fryatt will probably start on Weds as I doubt Vassell will start twice in a week and go and score and everyone will be bumming him again

Wrong. Only people with either an attention span deficit or those who are intellectually challenged or shallow do not read more than two lines.

Hurrah for Mr Gwilliam and others of his ilk because it makes me realise that, whilst most on here are morons, there are actually one or two others with similar intelligence to mine.

:icon_lol: And here I was thinking all along that you are a complete berk. No one on here has an intelligence quite like yours Rich.

:icon_lol: And here I was thinking all along that you are a complete berk. No one on here has an intelligence quite like yours Rich.

Why don't we all agree that Talking Balls members are all wonderful people. If we were morons, berks, plonkers etc we would be supporting Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669