Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stand-up job he did at Leeds for much money. And I have it on good authority that he has bad breath.

Duzza said:
Your spine is shuddering at the thought of replacing Levein with Terry Venables???

Venables has a fairly decent record at this level, however he's been out of management for a few years now, he's working in Australia and doing work as a pundit for ITV sometimes...I can't see why he'd want to come here. 'Big Club'itus aside, he's working in other areas now. I did think about putting '5. Would want to come here' on my list but that was a bit ambiguous and has started arguments before so I left it off.

Leigh said:
Venables has a fairly decent record at this level, however he's been out of management for a few years now, he's working in Australia and doing work as a pundit for ITV sometimes...I can't see why he'd want to come here. 'Big Club'itus aside, he's working in other areas now. I did think about putting '5. Would want to come here' on my list but that was a bit ambiguous and has started arguments before so I left it off.

I agree, he would never come here but I would hardly put him on a list of candidates designed to make Levein look good!!!!

You're as good as your last job - Leeds in his case, which was rather a mess. Otherwise you could take issue with Peter Reid being on there too, due to his time at Man City.

Polar Bear said:
You're as good as your last job - Leeds in his case, which was rather a mess. Otherwise you could take issue with Peter Reid being on there too, due to his time at Man City.

So taking your point of view that your only as good as your last job, say Levein did lose his job, he is hardly going to be a popular choice as many clubs next manager then, because if you look at his stats since being here, it is nothing short of disastrous.

Honest question to the Levein supporters and I am not having a pop, hypothetically the Leicester job is available and Craig has been managing another club but has an identical record in terms of results at his hypothetical club, would you in that case want him managing Leicester City, I would imagine not, now if that record is what he is being judged on then I can see no reasonable justification for him keeping his job.

My replacement would be Brian Little, he is experienced, knows this division well, knows and understands the club, would certainly bring passion, and IMO would not be expensive, I would like to see somebody like a Steve Walsh, Gary Mills or maybe Simon Grayson type, as Assistant with Little grooming them to eventually take over the reins.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
So taking your point of view that your only as good as your last job, say Levein did lose his job, he is hardly going to be a popular choice as many clubs next manager then, because if you look at his stats since being here, it is nothing short of disastrous.
QUOTE]

For a long time, I thought a) Levein is no good and b) providing we can stay up, let him carry on to the end of the season.

The only issue for me now is whether we have more chance of staying up this season with Levein or without Levein.

On balance, i think we are less at risk without Levein solely on the basis that the squad is so under-performing that anyone with a reasonable degree of competence and relevant experience should - at this point - be able to manage the club to safety.

I think Brian Little is a bit of a bust flush and would not be suitable for the longer term. However, I would expect him to be able to see us through in the short term, whilst the situation is sorted.

I am now going to invite waves of hatred by mentioning Dennis Wise. I am not particularly arguing that Leicester give him a contract but to start off with, it was the club not Wise who chucked millions of pounds at Chelsea and him by bringing a mid 30's player to Filbert Street. Secondly, I never saw the sense in stereotyping the Wise/ Callum Davidson incident into a villain/ hero situation. Thirdly, the then directors made a good enough attempt to ruin the club well before Wise and his agent put their oar in. Wise may not be the sort of person you would choose to go on your holidays with - but I suspect that he would make a more formidable manager than Levein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669