DJ Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heaven knows that I am not a great DJ fan, but there are three reasons why I would suggest that he is worth a run;

i). Our attack is crying out for pace.
ii). It doesn't take Micheal Owen to score in the third, er.. first division
iii). He would be replacing a forward with more bookings than goals!

If Fryatt were to hit a lean spell, where would City's goals come from?

Not the first division. It's League One, the third division.

Isn't it really the second division of the Football league?

Yeah. Technically, the Premiership isn't actually in the Football League, or something.

DJ isnt a great player but he scored more goals then Fryatt last season and I think given a run of games could easily start banging in the goals. Lets hope that he takes his chance against Scunthorpe on Saturday

DJ isnt a great player but he scored more goals then Fryatt last season and I think given a run of games could easily start banging in the goals. Lets hope that he takes his chance against Scunthorpe on Saturday

If that's the case that's my day out ruined.:mad:

i think, as we are away this weekend against one of the top sides in the division, Pearson will go for experience over paciness.

i'd imagine we'll see.

henderson
gilbert tunchev morrison mattock
oakley king berner dyer
fryatt dickov

subs; martin, hobbs, campbell, a.chambers, hayles

i like thought of campbell linking up with dyer, give defences a bit more to think about.

defences know what they are getting from our "supposed target man" and thats a carthorse who cannot direct headers or bring other players into the game!

i think having Dyer, DJ and Fryatt as the attcking options is a good sign with Oakley, Adams and King in the midfield could lead us to victory on saturday

7 goals in 17 games for a struggling Championship side.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's a better player at that level that Fryatt.

Time to give him another chance next season or sell him and watch him out score Du-du-du-du?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00