Dodds - misunderstood genius?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fosseman

Why does there seem to be so many clubs that have expressed an interest in Dodds? Is he that promising? NP doesn't appear to want him and we're trying to persuade Dickov to come back. Just curious.

He's still not really had a chance to play up front in 'real' football - Lincoln mainly played him on the wing. But let's be honest, when you look at the clubs interested, it's not exactly a who's who.

He's just another Tommy Wright/Tommy Petrescu/Stuart Wilson/Johnathon Stevenson/Stuart Campbell/Stef Oakes/Sam McMahon.

I he plays for any team higher than the championships bottom three i'll be astounded.

He's just another Tommy Wright/Tommy Petrescu/Stuart Wilson/Johnathon Stevenson/Stuart Campbell/Stef Oakes/Sam McMahon.

I he plays for any team higher than the championships bottom three i'll be astounded.

Well said Babs... For a club that has supposedly had so many 'fantastic' youngsters, how many have really broken through and gone on to do 'big' things in the game. The way I see it, only Emile Heskey has done that. I'll concede that Mattock, Stearman, and Wesolowski have come through to a decent enough standard to be involved in our firdt team, but seriously, don't we all go a little OTT about all of our youngsters?

If Dodds was truly a 'genius' he would have lit up Lincoln last season and scored a hatful but he didn't. Not too many footballing geniuses sign for Port Vale now do they?

Last edited:
"I've not spoken to Louis because there were other priorities, in terms of bringing in other players.

"But he is a player I have sat down and had a good long think about, because he really enjoyed his time here. He did very well for me and I won't forget that.

He scored some tremendous goals, but I just feel as if I need something different, which is why I won't be taking my interest in Louis any further."

The way I see it, only Emile Heskey has done that. I'll concede that Mattock, Stearman, and Wesolowski have come through to a decent enough standard to be involved in our firdt team, but seriously, don't we all go a little OTT about all of our youngsters?

If Dodds was truly a 'genius' he would have lit up Lincoln last season and scored a hatful but he didn't. Not too many footballing geniuses sign for Port Vale now do they?

Lineker did alright

Says on his facebook page, as his status, that hes been "loyal for 10 years, and they still treat you like shite"

Another case of our players putting stuff on facebook thats unescessary...

Shame tho, if he feels like that...

Says on his facebook page, as his status, that hes been "loyal for 10 years, and they still treat you like shite"

Another case of our players putting stuff on facebook thats unescessary...

Shame tho, if he feels like that...

Maybe it's about a girlfriend?

How old is he? Must've been snapped up very young to have been here for 10 years!

He is a dick if he thinks that he showed any loyalty up to the age of 18, city offered him a chance and he took it as it was his local team. There is no ****ing way that he has showed 10 years of loyalty, typical thick arse footballer spouting shite.

I don't know what's worse, these players writing stuff like this, or us fans sending special requests to share friendships with them.

The simple fact is that if he was good enough, he would have played for the first-team already. Age has nothing to do with it whatsoever; there have been plenty of players who have made it into the first-team at clubs who have been 17 and 18 yet this one hasn't even made it onto the subs bench as far as I can remember.

I looked at the bench at Hinckley (i.e. the players that weren't featuring) and he was sat next to Sergio Hellings. That says it all for me.

I looked at the bench at Hinckley (i.e. the players that weren't featuring) and he was sat next to Sergio Hellings. That says it all for me.

Still with us :icon_eek:

Or was he on the Hinckley bench :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673