Doncaster **MATCH POSTPONED**

Status
Not open for further replies.
All excellent results for us today really.

Bar Forest and WBA, who are the 2 teams ahead of us (Newcastle are gone). Shame, as if they were to lose a couple. 2nd place could be a genuine prospect. :icon_eek:

I think I'd settle for a play-off final win against f0r£$t

Had a lovely day out at Leicester races.

And then my accumulator made up for the lost money at the races, lovely stuff.

BBC voiceover man just now:

"Coming up on the Football League show after Match of the Day, you can see Leicester's trip to Doncaster..."

I think I'd settle for a play-off final win against f0r£$t
Oh my god, how good would that be? :038: :038: :038:

BBC voiceover man just now:

"Coming up on the Football League show after Match of the Day, you can see Leicester's trip to Doncaster..."
They said trip, not game - maybe they just showed Boc rolling up, look really pissed off, and then turn back towards the station again... :)

They said trip, not game - maybe they just showed Boc rolling up, look really pissed off, and then turn back towards the station again... :)

I got word that the cameras were waiting for me at Doncaster - so I turned back at Peterborough. I didn't even leave the station there. Straight back on the next southbound train.

Re: Doncaster

If you had planned to travel with the London branch you would not be on the train now. I informed them of the game being off before their train departed.

Thanks! Went on the lash in Londinium instead. Mightily p*ssed off with the postponement 'tho. Was looking forward to a day out in Donnie.

To be fair, that's the best way to visit Peterborough, so some level of success can be claimed from your day.

And by extension, the best way to visit Doncaster is not to visit it at all. 2-0 to the boc!

If you had planned to travel with the London branch you would not be on the train now.

You're right - but not in the way you think. With LB now eschewing the cheap travel maxim that was once theirs, I would not have been on that train or any other.

I was going to miss the game due to a family bereavement, so pleased I can still go when the game is rearranged

£26 return with Hull Trains - not bad?

I know. It was me who gave the heads-up on this fare. It was not this particular match I was thinking about however.

But please don't take what I said as a criticism of LB, the members of which have more than the cost of the journey on their mind. My intention was to say that I could no longer afford to travel so many matches if I didn't manage to travel as cheaply as I do.

Another factor in my not travelling so often with LB nowadays is that I have a journey into London to make (and another one back afterwards) - it is sometimes, but not always, cheaper for me to buy one ticket form the whole journey. It is certainly true though that LB travel somewhat more cheaply than the average punter who turns up at the station and buys his ticket on the day of travel.

P.S. Will you have me on the Ipswich (h) trip? I really can't find a cheaper way of getting there.
:icon_wink

P.S. Will you have me on the Ipswich (h) trip? I really can't find a cheaper way of getting there.
:icon_wink

Creep:icon_bigg

Seriously though as I was once a member of the great LB quite a few years ago, I know what you mean though as I lived on the South Coast so I had to get to London first, although quite often I got a cheap day return to London which when added to the LB's ticket was slightly cheaper. Of course it was British Rail in those days

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670