Doncaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think our free kicks are bad, what about the corners? Just picked up this Stringer Tweet;

IanStringerBBC: Leicester City have taken 216 corners since last scoring from the quadrant in May - waste

That MUST be some kind of a record!

That is ridiculous.

I know its not like previously when we had Elliott, Heskey, Taggart, Prior, Gilchrist, Marshall, Ferdinand, Scowcroft (hahahaa) all as threats from corners (probably not all in same side though!) but when we have Howard/Bednar up top and Hobbs & Davies at the back, you'd have thought we'd have a bit of an aerial threat?

Awful.

I'm terribly chastened :icon_redf, but it's good to know you still respect me.
:icon_lol: It's an understandable error. If a player scores twice in a game you didn't see, you'd naturally expect he had a good game. As it happens, he was just fortunate from two set pieces. He's got technical ability, as has been mentioned here before, but he appears to think two or three seconds slower than everyone else.

5-1 to us.

1 for Bednar, 1 for Vassell, 2 for King, 1 for Cunningham.

And one of our players will score an own goal.

No disrespect intended here, but this is clearly a perfect example of someone not seeing the game yet still seeing fit to comment based on the identity of the scorer despite knowing sod all about how the game actually went. Fact is, even if you consider the two goals, Gallagher was shite last Saturday.

Gallagher always has some terrible moments. Even when he scored three against Scunthorpe (I think) I found him exasperating. He also has some games in which he produces sublime moments. At the moment when we have a front two who are not scoring I would pick him. However, I look forward to the time when the squad is strong enough to drop him for someone more consistent.

My biggest problem with Gallagher is his tackling. He tackles like a player who is concerned about getting hurt. If only he had "the heart" of Nicky Adams or Adams had possessed the ball skills of Gallagher.

My biggest problem with Gallagher is his tackling. He tackles like a player who is concerned about getting hurt. If only he had "the heart" of Nicky Adams or Adams had possessed the ball skills of Gallagher.
It's like the lady I met last night who had a body from baywatch but a face from crimewatch! If only!

If only he had "the heart" of Nicky Adams or Adams had possessed the ball skills of Gallagher.

If my auntie had some balls she'd be my uncle.

All players are different and bring different skills and attributes to the table. The skill is blending a team out of all the different options - not trying to turn one type of player into another.

If my auntie had some balls she'd be my uncle.

All players are different and bring different skills and attributes to the table. The skill is blending a team out of all the different options - not trying to turn one type of player into another.

There are players who have heart and skill but then they are very good. Two examples are Roy Keane and Stephen Gerrard. At a lower level Muzzy and Lennon combined both. The best combination I have ever seen was Duncan Edwards who had the heart of a Lofthouse and was agreed by everyone at Man U to be more skilled than Bobby Charlton (even Bobby agreed).

I am not suggesting that he is anywhere near the class of those above but Wellens plays with real heart and can at times be skilful at this level. Other people have seen this with Yuki Abe though I am still not certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669