Don't shoot the messenger but ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

...Rumour on the Rivals site that Neil Lennon is due to have talks with the club tomorrow, the poster claims this has come from Lenny himself.

Ta, but I would not be disappointed if you were to be right! :)

Me neither mate, would be a good addition to the squad and the type of player who could dominate games at this level. Would not be surprised to see the deal include a coaching position.

seen the same romour too not sure though as he was said to be going to the tree's :102:

But that could just be paper talk and most likely his agent trying to get other interested parties to get a move on and make alternative offers.

Signing for Forest this week as Player Coach according to the Press up here today

Me neither mate, would be a good addition to the squad and the type of player who could dominate games at this level. Would not be surprised to see the deal include a coaching position.

Exactly, he is just the type of character we need at the minute. Even if his footballing skills had gone a bit, I believe his presence alone would be worthy of his signature.

You go on the Rivals site much, is MustardFox the Coleman's when it comes to rumours? ;)

I would think this would be ****ing great to be honest.

It would be a great move by the club, even if he only plays a handfull of games. Season ticket sales would go through the roof, it would create a positive buzz within the club and would also attract other players to the club. Come on Ginge you know it makes sense! :icon_bigg

Why? Maybe we just don't want him:102:

Neil Lennon would not be recognisable from the midfielder of the MON era.

Would he have the legs to cope with this division? I doubt it.

Lennon is undoubtedly a strong character and would be close to the players. I'm not exactly excited by the MA appointment - but would it be fair to him to superimpose Lennon on his coaching team?

Can't see it happening anyway.

Neil Lennon would not be recognisable from the midfielder of the MON era.

Would he have the legs to cope with this division? I doubt it.

Lennon is undoubtedly a strong character and would be close to the players. I'm not exactly excited by the MA appointment - but would it be fair to him to superimpose Lennon on his coaching team?

Can't see it happening anyway.

Maybe people think it will be the Neil Lennon of old,I've seen him play a lot for Celtic and it wouldn't be.The guy waddles round the Centre Circle nowadays

Last edited:
Maybe people think it will be the Neil Lennon of old,I've seen him play a lot for Celtic and it wouldn't be.The guy waddles round the Centre Circle nowadays

I for one would like to see Lenny return, but I am not daft enough to believe that we would be getting the same player who graced our midfield under MON.

However he is a leader and IMO still good enough to have more than a positive influence on the current squad even if it were for one season. Even though his age and doubts over his fitness he has still been playing a decent number of matches and been competing in the champions league.

We desperately need some experience and know how in the squad especially through the spine of the team, if we can bring in 3 or 4 experienced pro's and maybe 3 or 4 players in their twenties to supplement the better players of the existing squad then we could have a decent mix.

If the experienced pro's that are bought in are of the calibre, experience and influnce of N'Gotty, De Zeuuw, Kishivev and Lenny then I think it will be a promising start to the pre season preperations.

I for one would like to see Lenny return, but I am not daft enough to believe that we would be getting the same player who graced our midfield under MON.

However he is a leader and IMO still good enough to have more than a positive influence on the current squad even if it were for one season. Even though his age and doubts over his fitness he has still been playing a decent number of matches and been competing in the champions league.

We desperately need some experience and know how in the squad especially through the spine of the team, if we can bring in 3 or 4 experienced pro's and maybe 3 or 4 players in their twenties to supplement the better players of the existing squad then we could have a decent mix.

If the experienced pro's that are bought in are of the calibre, experience and influnce of N'Gotty, De Zeuuw, Kishivev and Lenny then I think it will be a promising start to the pre season preperations.

I think if we are in the business of setting up a football museum then you are absolutely right.

HF confirms the view that I have of Lennon - as he so rightly puts it he would just "waddle" around the centre circle.....sadly.

As for some of the others you mention - I think the only beneficiaries would be the players collecting an early pension and the opposition. It's difficult to credit that we could be even thinking about potential players approaching up to the age of 37. What's Sir Tom Finney up to these days of a Saturday afternoon?

The way ahead in my opinion is through a young vibrant side who want to play for Leicester and build a career - not relics from 'All our yesterdays'!

I think if we are in the business of setting up a football museum then you are absolutely right.

HF confirms the view that I have of Lennon - as he so rightly puts it he would just "waddle" around the centre circle.....sadly.

As for some of the others you mention - I think the only beneficiaries would be the players collecting an early pension and the opposition. It's difficult to credit that we could be even thinking about potential players approaching up to the age of 37. What's Sir Tom Finney up to these days of a Saturday afternoon?

The way ahead in my opinion is through a young vibrant side who want to play for Leicester and build a career - not relics from 'All our yesterdays'!

In all fairness RF, that was the philosphy of a previously failed manager at the club and it hasn't exactly delivered roaring success, what I am suggesting is not a return to the Dads Army brigrade, but a fusion of the two, a side consistenting of 7 or 8 vibrant, hungry and ambitious younger players with 3 or 4 experienced quality older heads throughout the spine of the team to offer support, guidance and know how especially when the going gets tough or at times of extreme pressure.

I think the quality younger players we have at the club like Hume, Weso, Mattock, Kisnorbo, Stearman, McCarthy and Fryatt plus the academy players who will be chomping at the bit to force themselves into the first team picture supplemented by players of the calibre of N'Gotty, De Zeeuw and Lennon would an exciting proposition and these older heads coulkd act as role models and minders for these more inexperienced players.

If Lennon is so old and decrepit how come he played most matches for Celtic and was Captain? Celtic may not be of the calibre of Chelsea or Man Utd but I am sure they are good enough to beat most Championship sides, and therefore Lennon would be good enough to play for us!

We do not have the money to build a Premiership side to take us into the Premiership. We will have to make do with a good Championship side to take us into the Premiership and then build a Premiership side when we get there!

In all fairness RF, that was the philosphy of a previously failed manager at the club and it hasn't exactly delivered roaring success, what I am suggesting is not a return to the Dads Army brigrade, but a fusion of the two, a side consistenting of 7 or 8 vibrant, hungry and ambitious younger players with 3 or 4 experienced quality older heads throughout the spine of the team to offer support, guidance and know how especially when the going gets tough or at times of extreme pressure.

I think the quality younger players we have at the club like Hume, Weso, Mattock, Kisnorbo, Stearman, McCarthy and Fryatt plus the academy players who will be chomping at the bit to force themselves into the first team picture supplemented by players of the calibre of N'Gotty, De Zeeuw and Lennon would an exciting proposition and these older heads coulkd act as role models and minders for these more inexperienced players.

Would they be role models tho'?

I saw Lennon - along with Muzzy and Savage - as the lynch pin of the MON sides. However, what makes you think he is a role model for young players? For instance would he reduce a drinking culture etc etc.?

As far as kelly was concerned - he just didn't seem to be able to motivate anyone - young or old.

I do agree that perhaps 1 or 2 seasoned professionals are necessary to build a good side - but I just don't like to hear us connected with a whole grand dad's army, that's all.

If Lennon is so old and decrepit how come he played most matches for Celtic and was Captain? Celtic may not be of the calibre of Chelsea or Man Utd but I am sure they are good enough to beat most Championship sides, and therefore Lennon would be good enough to play for us!

We do not have the money to build a Premiership side to take us into the Premiership. We will have to make do with a good Championship side to take us into the Premiership and then build a Premiership side when we get there!

I suspect that it would be easier for Lennon to stroll around in the centre circle in the SPL than the championship.

That does not mean that I think that Celtic would not be very challenging in the championship - although I do think that Celtic apart - there would be very few SPL sides that would find it easy. I just think based on televised games that the SPL is not as high paced as the championship.

As for your last point, I am sure that you are right.....as I said above I just don't want to see us bringing in well over the hill players - who generally prove to be unmotivated.

The whole Lennon argument is futile anyway because he won't be coming here,the Forest thing appears a done deal and we are just going to have to get used to the fact that either we didn't want him or he didn't want us and I for one am glad that he isn't coming here.I'd rather remember him as the player in the MON era and not the player he would be now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669