Don't shoot the messenger but ........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that it would be easier for Lennon to stroll around in the centre circle in the SPL than the championship.

That does not mean that I think that Celtic would not be very challenging in the championship - although I do think that Celtic apart - there would be very few SPL sides that would find it easy. I just think based on televised games that the SPL is not as high paced as the championship.

As for your last point, I am sure that you are right.....as I said above I just don't want to see us bringing in well over the hill players - who generally prove to be unmotivated.

He wouldn't get anywhere near the amount of time on the ball here compared to how much he got in the SPL .

Just having him at the club, be it coaching or playing would benefit a lot of the younger players as well as his reputation might make others a bit weary of him.

Just having him at the club, be it coaching or playing would benefit a lot of the younger players as well as his reputation might make others a bit weary of him.

I think you might just have meant 'wary' rather than 'weary'.....but you were sort of right first time: if he played the supporters would be very quickly disillusioned. Best to remember him in his hey day - I think. To my mind he was already looking a bit laboured by the time he left Leicester.... weight/ height ratio?

Well one of my mates is a glasweigan(sp?) Celtic season ticket holder who has watched Lenny play for years and years and is still of the opinion that he has something to offer at our level...in his words he was 'immense' in the champions league this year.

I still believe in lenny and what is more don't care if anyone else doesn't.:icon_razz

Last edited:
Any chance we could get Muzzy And Rob Savage too?

I still think Lenny could control the midfield in this league but would his legs (after one or two rash tackles on him) last for him to do half the games?

Any chance we could get Muzzy And Rob Savage too?

I still think Lenny could control the midfield in this league but would his legs (after one or two rash tackles on him) last for him to do half the games?

Muzzy unfortunately really is screwed. Still see him about Leicester though and he isn't a twat about being Muzzy in Leicester...he's a good bloke.

the review of the Scottish Cup final I read wasn't too generous about Lenny.....but if he joined us I'd be pleased as long as it wasn't for too much cash and not too long a contract

short memories you lot.

If I remember rightly, when MON fecked off, Lennon wanted out and to follow MON up north. I can also remember him signing a contract just after PT came in, but he made it plain he wanted out. He signed the contract here so as he could get more cash up north.
The games he played under PT, he showed all the signs he wanted out. So as far as I am concerned he can feck off

short memories you lot.

If I remember rightly, when MON fecked off, Lennon wanted out and to follow MON up north. I can also remember him signing a contract just after PT came in, but he made it plain he wanted out. He signed the contract here so as he could get more cash up north.
The games he played under PT, he showed all the signs he wanted out. So as far as I am concerned he can feck off

Good point BG.

short memories you lot.

Yep agreed- it's the usual fan's delusion about former players.

You are spot on about Lennon; Muzzy never left until he was a free because he didn't get the right offer and Savage's sense of loyalty is an absolute legend!

The only loyalty lies with the fans - end of story.

Also - did I misread Lennon saying a couple of weeks ago that he felt that he was ok for another season in the premiership?

He was a very good player for us; moved on when it suited him.....and he's well past it now in my opinion.

If you have a still cnut like PT offering you bumper contracts you take 'em.

Enough said

Mmm - doubtless you will recall that one minute Lennon was pledging eternal allegiance and PT was saying how essential he was. and that he was staying...the next instance he was off. The whole thing was quite unsavoury even by normal footballing standards.

Anyway - Lennon says he is one of the world's greatest Celtic fans so there is no need to get sentimental about him.

Don't want Lennon back. Don't care what happens to him, so long as he doesn't go to the trees.

If the experienced pro's that are bought in are of the calibre, experience and influnce of N'Gotty, De Zeuuw, Kishivev and Lenny then I think it will be a promising start to the pre season preperations.

We wouldn't get near the play off's though would we with those 4 in the same side.

We would get killed by pacey players

If you have a still cnut like PT offering you bumper contracts you take 'em.

Enough said

Lennon demanded the new contract, he did it so as to get more money at celtic you tit

it didnt take long to get get back to the neil lennon suitation

wrong. you tit

... and your responses used to be pages long when you were having "discussions" with James Walker. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

So what is the story? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670