Douglas Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had an official text on this. I thought it was going to be from live 8 but wonders never cease

bluefox said:
I have had an official text on this. I thought it was going to be from live 8 but wonders never cease

it's a miracle... it's actually on the OS too

SilverFox said:
On a three year deal. Its all done and dusted gentlemen!
im surprised he has been given a three year deal-seems to be a bit of a long deal for a 33 year old-i thought he would of been given a two year deal maximum

He is here now so I just hope he is given a fair chance before he's slated.We could have done better in some people's eyes but in mine we could have done a lot worse.He does make mistakes but their aren't many Championship Keepers who don't.We also seem to have decent back up in Henderson judging by what I've read on him.

I can't lie and say I'm not disappointed by this signing, but he will be given every chance to prove me wrong

homer said:
I can't lie and say I'm not disappointed by this signing, but he will be given every chance to prove me wrong

Fair enough homer.Apathetically speaking who would you have liked to see us get? I wouldn't have minded Pollitt from Rotherham.

I think we should have gone with Henderson, and looked at a youngter for back up

Just been looking at a celtic messageboard:

Praise the lord!!!

best transfer news in ages.....

Just rejoice at that news. A disgraceful excuse for a keeper. Has cost us time and again.

Best news i've heard in ages and with Lambert's contract for doing nothing finally over and talentless Sylla gone things a re looking up.

yeeeeeeehaaaaa - lets break out the celebrations

im glad ur gone, good luck butter fingers in ur new job

good luck and thanks for taking Momo with you....

We should try and judge him ourselves and not pass sentence on him by what his said by a section of of his ex Clubs fans.I really don't believe he is that bad and you don't get to be your Country's Keeper if you are that shite.OK that Country is Scotland who are hardly renowned for World Class Keepers but all the same he is an International.

A few more from a completely different site:

To be honest, im not exactly crest-fallen at his departure. However, he goes with our best wishes. He was a decent keeper, but prone to dreadful errors, which usually occured in high profile games. Thanks for the service Rab, but it really was time to go.

Had some good performances in your time, but some downright awful ones too.

Had some great games for us, and all in wasn't the worst keeper we had, but will sadly be remembered for his mistakes like most keepers.

Don't come back you useless pillock.

A decent keeper when kept busy, no more than that. Made some tremendous errors in vital games and for that we're better off without him.

Seeing high balls go into the box just won't be the same anymore!

Bye bye Rab, thanks for the memories - sorry I meant nightmares

homer said:
Don't come back you useless pillock.

No Homer you've got that mixed up with the note Mrs Homer gave you when you left the House this morning

And Levein is confident the 6ft 3in keeper will prove a hit at the Walkers Stadium.

"He has proved himself in Scotland," said Levein. "But there's always something within players that they want to prove themselves at all levels.

"This is an opportunity for him to prove he can get us up to the Premiership.

"We are ambitious and so is Rab. We see ourselves as a team that will be up towards the top end next season and he sees it as a challenge that he wants to be a part of."

Levein also revealed that Douglas is likely to be the No.1 for the start of the season.

However, he expects Paul Henderson, his other new goalkeeper, to push hard for the jersey.

"Rab's experience will give him a start before Paul," said Levein.

"We feel that Paul is a talented keeper who is on his way up and competition is vital.

"I want someone pushing Rab hard and Paul will do just that."

There you go Homer...Levein knows what he's doing!

SilverFox said:
And Levein is confident the 6ft 3in keeper will prove a hit at the Walkers Stadium.

"He has proved himself in Scotland," said Levein. "But there's always something within players that they want to prove themselves at all levels.

"We are ambitious and so is Rab. We see ourselves as a team that will be up towards the top end next season and he sees it as a challenge that he wants to be a part of."

Levein also revealed that Douglas is likely to be the No.1 for the start of the season.

However, he expects Paul Henderson, his other new goalkeeper, to push hard for the jersey.

"We feel that Paul is a talented keeper who is on his way up and competition is vital.

:eek:

SilverFox said:

There you go Homer...Levein knows what he's doing!

And so does Mrs Homer judging by that note...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669