Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember hayles running at goal and his shot was about halfway between the corner flag and the goal, was in the 1st half :(

The only other bits from him I remember was his very lack of pace, a few long passes to him and he was supposed to run into the space to pick up the pass but was always easily beaten by his defender.

He definitely had a shot on target just before half time.

I remember hayles running at goal and his shot was about halfway between the corner flag and the goal, was in the 1st half :(

The only other bits from him I remember was his very lack of pace, a few long passes to him and he was supposed to run into the space to pick up the pass but was always easily beaten by his defender.

Barry Hayles is not that type of player, he is one of our older players and is such is not going to be blessed with the pace of a cheetah. I felt he held the ball up well, made some decent lay offs, even had one or two fairly decent efforts on goal, but ultimately suffered from a total lack of support and supply - I felt he was one of our better players in a truly dire performance, which is what annoyed me with Ollie's immediate post match interview. Just because we put in a stout defensive display doesn't mean we put in a good performance. Some might say we were lucky to come away with a 0-0...

The last "big club" to be relegated to div1 were man city. They went up first season and then followed that with promotion to the prem, just like were going to do !

The last "big club" to be relegated to div1 were man city. They went up first season and then followed that with promotion to the prem, just like were going to do !

Man City are massive aren't they. But I think it would be fair to say that the last 'big' club (before us of course!) to go to that level were Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669