Dragon Oil/Aminex share watch.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dragon Oil watch.........

Not just me.

We all felt that the bid was too low. The share has been as high as £5.60, but i still didn't cash in.

The company has huge gas reserves, that it could start selling next year. With the oil production growing year on year, and the gas coming on line, there's no reason why this share wont hit £10 a share in a couple of years.

I will then cash in and retire :icon_bigg

Greed will be your undoing. Perosnally I'd at least cash my initial investment.

Greed will be your undoing. Perosnally I'd at least cash my initial investment.

Ive already done that, well most of it.

If the company went tits up tomorrow, i would be £3k down. But i'm confident it wont, and many others feel the same way.

Sweet, i wish i had 10k and then i might invest myself !

But couldnt this end up like Deal or No Deal, greed takes over and you turn down healthy offers only for your box to contain 10p ?

Not really. We've had an offer of £4.55 turned down. The next lot to come along will offer more, not less, than £4.55.

The company is sound and growing, Barring an earthquake the futures bright :icon_cool

Not really. We've had an offer of £4.55 turned down. The next lot to come along will offer more, not less, than £4.55.

The company is sound and growing, Barring an earthquake the futures bright :icon_cool

That's not true, it will be dependant on the current price of the stock which you've already said has been over a pound higher than it is now.

That's not true, it will be dependant on the current price of the stock which you've already said has been over a pound higher than it is now.

Not sure what you mean. The private investors have turned down an offer of 4.55. Anyone wanting to buy the company would be wasting their time to offer less than that, it would be a non starter with the board as well as the pi's.

I cant see oil price going down,more likely up,which will put the share price up. We are drilling more wells, 12 planned for next year and gas to come on line in 2010.

The share has dropped on the back of the failed bid, which we expected. I don't intend to cash in for many years/share hits £10. So its sit back and wait.

I still think its a good share to invest in, but do your own research.

Not sure what you mean. The private investors have turned down an offer of 4.55. Anyone wanting to buy the company would be wasting their time to offer less than that, it would be a non starter with the board as well as the pi's.

I cant see oil price going down,more likely up,which will put the share price up. We are drilling more wells, 12 planned for next year and gas to come on line in 2010.

The share has dropped on the back of the failed bid, which we expected. I don't intend to cash in for many years/share hits £10. So its sit back and wait.

I still think its a good share to invest in, but do your own research.

I've long since thought it was a decent stock and have considered investing for several years. Have probably missed the boat now.

What I meant was: The price of stocks can change rapidly, as you have experienced here (positively). If the price were to fall, then anyone considering a buyout of the company will base the offer largely on the value of the company (ie the value of the stock). Therefore you could be cursing the day you turned down £4.55 per share should it fall drastically and the next offer is £1.50. The fact you had previously been offered £4.55 won't count for a row of beans with the next potential buyer.

You clearly have strong faith in the stock contuing to rise though so good luck.

Where do they actually keep these dragons and what do they feed them?

I've long since thought it was a decent stock and have considered investing for several years. Have probably missed the boat now.

What I meant was: The price of stocks can change rapidly, as you have experienced here (positively). If the price were to fall, then anyone considering a buyout of the company will base the offer largely on the value of the company (ie the value of the stock). Therefore you could be cursing the day you turned down £4.55 per share should it fall drastically and the next offer is £1.50. The fact you had previously been offered £4.55 won't count for a row of beans with the next potential buyer.

You clearly have strong faith in the stock contuing to rise though so good luck.

I dont think you have missed the boat. Believe it or not i'm tempted to top up at this lower price ( 3.75 ).

The share price was as low as 1.39 recently, thats when i tipped it on this board, and topped up. That would have been a good time for someone to make an offer for the company,but they didnt. Probably because we were in a major recession and it was, like all shares a risk.

I have just invested in another oil exploration company. PM me if you want some details.

Last edited:

I dont think you have missed the boat. Believe it or not i'm tempted to top up at this lower price ( 3.75 ).

The share price was as low as 1.39 recently, thats when i tipped it on this board, and topped up. That would have been a good time for someone to make an offer for the company,but they didnt. Probably because we were in a major recession and it was, like all shares a risk.

I have just invested in another oil exploration company. PM me if you want some details.

3 people have PM me regarding this new share tip, so i thought i would share it with the rest of you.

Aminex (AEX) is an oil exploration company that have fingers in a few pies. They were 8p a share around the 16th Dec when i posted. They are up to 10.25p a share today, over 20% up off the back of some good news.

This is a long term investment, dip your bread :icon_wink

3 people have PM me regarding this new share tip, so i thought i would share it with the rest of you.

Aminex (AEX) is an oil exploration company that have fingers in a few pies. They were 8p a share around the 16th Dec when i posted. They are up to 10.25p a share today, over 20% up off the back of some good news.

This is a long term investment, dip your bread :icon_wink

They seem to be potentially volatile pies -

Tanzania
North Korea
Russia
Pakistan

Still looks interesting

Last edited:

They seem to be potentially volatile pies -

Tanzania
North Korea
Russia
Pakistan

Still looks interesting

Shares are a volatile way of making some dough.

AEX hit 11p today..............looking good :icon_bigg

AEX still climbing, hit 12p ish today.

The Times has noticed the potential also.... http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/markets/article6976031.ece

Tiddler to watch

Shares in Aminex rose 1.12p to 9.382p and could be set for an eventful 2010. The oil and gas group said it was planning an active drilling programme this year, with several wells set to start in the US and in Tanzania, where its 37.5 per cent-owned Ruvuma prospect, operated by Tullow Oil, could be under way in a matter of days.

Last edited:

Flying today 15.25p

Jp Morgan buying more stock.

Flying today 15.25p

Jp Morgan buying more stock.

DGO up to £4.30 and AEX flying.

The fact JP Morgan have waded in,and Bloomberg have given us a mention is fantastic news. The more support the higher it should go.

I know a few on here have bought into DGO and AEX, and things are looking good. But there will be a time when people start profit taking, which means a bumpy ride. But hang tight.

here is the interesting bit:

At the same time, the International Energy Agency (IEA) says the era of cheap oil is over and prices could soon be back up to $100 a barrel.

That could happen again. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670