Dragon Oil/Aminex share watch.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dragon Oil watch.........

I bought Gold at $820 v the current $1150 ish. Not enough bought though. :icon_conf

yuppie.jpg

I just had a dabble.

DGO or AEX Drew.

Interesting article................

Broker backing fires Dragon
By Neil Hume and Bryce Elder

Published: January 12 2010 02:00 | Last updated: January 12 2010 02:00

Dragon Oil moved 3.7 per cent higher to 430p after Merrill Lynch resumed coverage after the recent failed bid for the exploration company focused on Turkmenistan.

Advising clients to "buy" and setting a 580p target price, the broker said that Dragon was still an attractive takeover target. It said majority shareholder the Emirates National Oil Company could bid again, or given the troubles in Dubai, sell its 52 per cent holding.

"Thanks to the strategic importance of its assets, Dragon is a natural target for national, international and Russian oil companies," Merrill said, adding the bidding could go as high as 900p a share."

Last edited:

AEX, missed the boat on DGO i fear.

Might see some drop in SP over the next few weeks, seems to be levelling out now ready for some more news.

AEX, missed the boat on DGO i fear.

AEX is the better long term share. DGO started off as a penny share, i bought most of mine at 5p, today they are £4.40.DGO will probably get bought out, like the above post states, but at £9 a share i wont be complaining, i will be retiring :icon_wink

Good luck Drew.

Thanks Biff

It's only a dabble at this stage, but if AEX follow DGO in anyway then i'll be happy.

Might see some drop in SP over the next few weeks, seems to be levelling out now ready for some more news.
''Aminex, another explorer, jumped 1.6c, or 10.4pc, to 17c after the start of a new well in southern Tanzania and an increased appetite for oil stocks. Aminex said it had been informed by Tullow, operator of the well, that drilling began on Saturday.''

This is the news they will be waiting for. If they find oil, expect the price to fly.

I think we should have news by the end of Feb, if not earlier.

''Aminex, another explorer, jumped 1.6c, or 10.4pc, to 17c after the start of a new well in southern Tanzania and an increased appetite for oil stocks. Aminex said it had been informed by Tullow, operator of the well, that drilling began on Saturday.''

This is the news they will be waiting for. If they find oil, expect the price to fly.

I think we should have news by the end of Feb, if not earlier.

Also the shallower US drills that are planned, we may see news on those before the Tanzania drill, unless they encounter the black stuff before the planned 3200m depth.

Biff any more information about AEX? What are it's prospects in the future etc. Sounds interesting but I have never done this kind of thing before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46