Electronic advertising boards cause hyperbole outbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you all just stop quoting each other please? Or that daft thread title is never going to go away

non electronic boards are for tinpot clubs now, we needed to get them.

If its such a headache how do they manage at away games with other clubs using them?

We should get a helipad if we want to swim with the big boys and other such mixed metaphors.

Re: You guys for real

It was like having looked into the sun, with all the shapes on my retina. It made it difficult to read the programme at half time.
Nothing like exaggerating to a ridiculous level to make your point is there.

:icon_lol: Nothing like exaggerating to a ridiculous level to make your point is there.

Different Trust board member posting this to the one quoted in the article, but he was correct, if I looked at my programme during the game to see who a Charlton player was, I could see a bright stripe all across the page, which is exactly what is being described.

From all the complaints we have received, it is clear that those with seats lower in the stand were the ones most affected, whereas those at the back of the stand it had far less impact.

Those lower in the Kop struggled to see goal mouth action at the Family Stand end, and lost sight of the ball when certain colours were displayed, while those in the East Stand could not see the ball under the same circumstances when play got near the West Stand touchline

Yeah, but any team that comes to the KP now will walk out onto the pitch and and as a man they'll freeze on the spot and think to themselves "Oh my ****ing Dog, they've got electronical advertising!!!1111!!!! This must be a proper team! We can't possibly beat these, let's all just go home and concede the points now"
If you can't see that, then you must be stupid. We actually need helio-strength advertising boards or it means we're rubbish.

From all the complaints we have received, it is clear that those with seats lower in the stand were the ones most affected, whereas those at the back of the stand it had far less impact.

Those lower in the Kop struggled to see goal mouth action at the Family Stand end, and lost sight of the ball when certain colours were displayed, while those in the East Stand could not see the ball under the same circumstances when play got near the West Stand touchline
Nonsense. It was distracting for a few minutes whilst you adjusted to it but after that I forget they were there. It never for a moment affected the ability to see the ball. I sit on the third row in the east stand.

Those lower in the Kop struggled to see goal mouth action at the Family Stand end, and lost sight of the ball when certain colours were displayed

Spot on. I'm in row F of SK4 and it really was bad.

Nonsense. It was distracting for a few minutes whilst you adjusted to it but after that I forget they were there. It never for a moment affected the ability to see the ball. I sit on the third row in the east stand.

You are obviously far younger than me and probably have better vision then. Believe me, for me it was horrendous.

That would mirror my experience at the Man City replay a few years back. My ticket was for a seat down the front and I found it very difficult to follow the action at the other end. I relocated myself to the back of the stand at half-time and found the boards less annoying in the second half. It was only less annoying though. I've no idea how the spin-doctors come to the conclusion that such boards 'enhance the match-day experience'; they certainly detracted from mine.

And you speak for everyone?

I'm near the back of SK2 and I lost sight of the ball a few times in the first half. It was much better in the second half, though. They're bloody ugly things regardless of the issues with vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669