End of season awards live video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best season in over a decade and still some fecking moan, unbelievable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best season in over a decade and still some fecking moan, unbelievable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stick your Ipad up your arse.

I'm reluctant to reply, as I'm pretty sure that you're just trolling at this stage, but sure **** it.

The huge difference is though is that I'm not a professional athlete and neither am I paid offensive amounts of money to be. Also, I wouldn't imbibe, insufflate, ingest or inhale anything to the point where I'd be incapable of performing my chosen profession when I was expected to, as was the case of the team when they played Brighton.

I could have easily said the same earlier but I choose to attack the post rather than the poster.

Athlete or not, the after effects are the same. As I'm sure you know, a few beers the night before doesn't render you completely unable to move but it can effect your judgement.

The money thing is just complete bollox though. It doesn't matter at all as they are being paid by someone else to do a job, just like everyone else.

The defeat to Brighton wasn't just down to the fact some of the players had a few drinks 3 nights before the match. The alcohol would have completely worn off by then and would have little to no detrimental impact on their physical performance. If it was the night before then maybe but not 3 nights before.

It is much more likely the players thought it would be a much easier game than what it was and lets not forget, Brighton were almost faultless that night and I don't think they gave the ball away once so some credit has to go to them too.

Do you really believe what you wrote?

That may have been poorly worded as I meant there is no evidence the players are regularly drinking to excess.

Obviously I know that regularly drinking to excess can leave permanent damage.

And BN, thanks for taking the time to reply and explain your point of view.

Please don't take my post as a dig, I was more intrigued as to whether there was a connection between you and BM as you shared very similar opinions.

For the record, I don't condone going out and getting drunk all the time, I just don't see the issue with the players going out after promotion was confirmed.

I could have easily said the same earlier but I choose to attack the post rather than the poster.

Athlete or not, the after effects are the same. As I'm sure you know, a few beers the night before doesn't render you completely unable to move but it can effect your judgement.

The money thing is just complete bollox though. It doesn't matter at all as they are being paid by someone else to do a job, just like everyone else.

The defeat to Brighton wasn't just down to the fact some of the players had a few drinks 3 nights before the match. The alcohol would have completely worn off by then and would have little to no detrimental impact on their physical performance. If it was the night before then maybe but not 3 nights before.

It is much more likely the players thought it would be a much easier game than what it was and lets not forget, Brighton were almost faultless that night and I don't think they gave the ball away once so some credit has to go to them too.

Antonio Pinto, a 3 times winner of the London Marathon claims he drank 2 bottles of wine the night before running races, I'd be lucky to jog to the newsagents the next morning after that.

This is hilarious.

People getting their knickers in a right twist over something they don't even know actually happened.

Danny Drinkwater, Matty James, Wood and Kasper all seemed totally sober to me when up on stage collecting awards.

Knocky had a sing song so he must be unfit to play against Doncaster and shouldn't be paid a huge quantity of money because he had a beer.

Never thought I would see Macky being so precious.
Eh??? What the ****ing ****ety **** are you talking about?! There's nobody "getting their knickers in a right twist", it's just a conversation on an Internet forum you drama queen and when, why, what, where, how have I been "so precious"?
At the very least could you let me know what the new definition of precious is that you've decided to use?

Has somebody been attacked? Should we call an ambulance? Do we need to get the law involved?

Are you replying to me or to somebody else? Who has said that anybody had been rendered immobile, or even suggested anything like that?
Alcohol will not only affect your judgement, it will also affect your physical performance and potentially for several days after, depending on the individual and the amounts consumed.

It isn't complete bollocks at all, the money that they receive is in large part funded by fans that have bought tickets or paid for a Sky Sports subscription to watch them compete and perform, so it isn't unreasonable for them to expect those athletes to be able to perform.

Yeah, that seems a much more likely explanation, nothing to do with the amount of booze they quaffed, not a chance. It was just a bizarre statistical blip and one of those crazy, mad coincidences.

Calm down dear.

Everyone will be happy to hear the first team squad is currently having a health lunch at David Lloyd gym in Narborough

Has somebody been attacked? Should we call an ambulance? Do we need to get the law involved?

Are you replying to me or to somebody else? Who has said that anybody had been rendered immobile, or even suggested anything like that?
Alcohol will not only affect your judgement, it will also affect your physical performance and potentially for several days after, depending on the individual and the amounts consumed.

It isn't complete bollocks at all, the money that they receive is in large part funded by fans that have bought tickets or paid for a Sky Sports subscription to watch them compete and perform, so it isn't unreasonable for them to expect those athletes to be able to perform.

Yeah, that seems a much more likely explanation, nothing to do with the amount of booze they quaffed, not a chance. It was just a bizarre statistical blip and one of those crazy, mad coincidences.

How much booze had they 'quaffed' 3 nights before the Brighton game then? I take it from your response you were out with them?

Of course the money things is bollocks, they're paid to do a job just like everyone else. It just happens they get paid a lot more than most for their job but that isn't their fault so not something that can be held against them. Using that theory, it would be OK for our players to go out a few times a year as they do not get paid as much as other footballers.

I'm a pretty shit drinker myself, get pissed on £20 and take a good day to recover but 3 days later, there will be no effect at all. Considering these are top athlete's, their bodies will recover much quicker and will have to had any physical after effects on the Tuesday night after going out on a Saturday.

But yes, I'm glad you've not got your knickers in a twist over this as you seem extremely laid back about things in post #128 & #129.

How much booze had they 'quaffed' 3 nights before the Brighton game then? I take it from your response you were out with them?

Of course the money things is bollocks, they're paid to do a job just like everyone else. It just happens they get paid a lot more than most for their job but that isn't their fault so not something that can be held against them. Using that theory, it would be OK for our players to go out a few times a year as they do not get paid as much as other footballers.

I'm a pretty shit drinker myself, get pissed on £20 and take a good day to recover but 3 days later, there will be no effect at all. Considering these are top athlete's, their bodies will recover much quicker and will have to had any physical after effects on the Tuesday night after going out on a Saturday.

But yes, I'm glad you've not got your knickers in a twist over this as you seem extremely laid back about things in post #128 & #129.

Yes, yes, you're absolutely right. I was there and logged everything that all of the players did; there's absolutely no logic in expecting paying customers to have no complaint if athletes don't give a ****; all professional footballers are impervious to the effect of drink and every post that I've made on this thread has involved me literally jumping up and down on my chair whilst ranting and spitting venom.
You really are incredibly perceptive and and I'm so glad that you have no problems comprehending the logic of other people's opinions and don't twist them into fallacious mutations that make no sense.

Yes, yes, you're absolutely right. I was there and logged everything that all of the players did; there's absolutely no logic in expecting paying customers to have no complaint if athletes don't give a ****; all professional footballers are impervious to the effect of drink and every post that I've made on this thread has involved me literally jumping up and down on my chair whilst ranting and spitting venom.
You really are incredibly perceptive and and I'm so glad that you have no problems comprehending the logic of other people's opinions and don't twist them into fallacious mutations that make no sense.
Christ in a box :icon_lol: I love it when Macky's on form.

Your concluding paragraph can be equally applicable to your own postings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669