End of season awards live video

Status
Not open for further replies.

pork pie fox

BN, under normal circumstances and in any other season, at any point in the season, I agree completely - what we witnessed against Brighton was nothing short of shameful

BUT, this is an extraordinary season and we are at a highly unusual position, given the last ten years of complete shit. We will never experience a season like this for donkey's years

You have to recognise the context, and right now I couldn't give a monkey's if the entire squad is snorting charlie off a busty whore's ring piece on the hour, every hour.

:icon_lol:

Lako42

snorting charlie off a busty whore's ring piece on the hour, every hour.

Finally, I can do my bit for the Foxes Foundation.

camberwell fox

BN, under normal circumstances and in any other season, at any point in the season, I agree completely - what we witnessed against Brighton was nothing short of shameful

BUT, this is an extraordinary season and we are at a highly unusual position, given the last ten years of complete shit. We will never experience a season like this for donkey's years

You have to recognise the context, and right now I couldn't give a monkey's if the entire squad is snorting charlie off a busty whore's ring piece on the hour, every hour.

Rolf

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Any sports psychologist or even anyone who manages a team of people will tell you its important that achievement is recognised and celebrated. Its easy to say they should celebrate after the season has finished but in reality the off season is very short these days and most of the squad will utilise it as family time. Its typically the only time of the year a player can take a holiday abroad for instance. I'm much happier them enjoying and celebrating an astonishing achievement this season together, as a team. It will help next season.

Biffa Bacon

I wonder what BN's attitude to Rugby teams is where the drinking culture is a massive part of the collective across the season.

I'm guessing he almost exploded after seeing the antics of the England Cricket team after winning the ashes in 2005.

Brown Nose

Any sports psychologist or even anyone who manages a team of people will tell you its important that achievement is recognised and celebrated. Its easy to say they should celebrate after the season has finished but in reality the off season is very short these days and most of the squad will utilise it as family time. Its typically the only time of the year a player can take a holiday abroad for instance. I'm much happier them enjoying and celebrating an astonishing achievement this season together, as a team. It will help next season.

Quote me one self-respecting sports psychologist that would advocate what they did a few days before a match and I'll listen with great interest to what they've got to say. But just waving a vague inference based on absolutely nothing doesn't carry any weight. I'd be even more interested in the view of someone with an expertise in diet, nutrition, exercise, etc.

I'm all for their achievement this season being recognised and celebrated. They'll get shit-loads of it on Saturday and on Monday and in many and varied other situations with friends, family, supporters, etc over the coming weeks and months. And they'll deserve to enjoy every moment.

I just don't agree with it being done as part of another massive alcohol binge during the season and I cannot understand why that makes me some sort of misery guts. If they were ingesting an alternative drug to alcohol, one of these perhaps,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/drugs/survey/

maybe people could see the senselessness of it better. It wouldn't make sense would it? It would be harmful. It would be disrespectful to their body and their professions. So what's the difference? I don't see any difference aside from people's attitudes towards their drug of choice.

Anyhow, footballers' get loads of holidays. They'll have at least two months off beginning next week. That's plenty of time to rest and play and celebrate.

Brown Nose

I wonder what BN's attitude to Rugby teams is where the drinking culture is a massive part of the collective across the season.

Their alcohol fueled antics off the field is just one small part of my hatred of all things rugger.

I'm guessing he almost exploded after seeing the antics of the England Cricket team after winning the ashes in 2005.

Was it done after the Ashes were won and they were on holiday? If so, I really don't care how they chose to celebrate. If not, it's no different to my view on LCFC.

Matt_B

Quote me one self-respecting sports psychologist that would advocate what they did a few days before a match and I'll listen with great interest to what they've got to say. But just waving a vague inference based on absolutely nothing doesn't carry any weight. I'd be even more interested in the view of someone with an expertise in diet, nutrition, exercise, etc.

I'm all for their achievement this season being recognised and celebrated. They'll get shit-loads of it on Saturday and on Monday and in many and varied other situations with friends, family, supporters, etc over the coming weeks and months. And they'll deserve to enjoy every moment.

I just don't agree with it being done as part of another massive alcohol binge during the season and I cannot understand why that makes me some sort of misery guts. If they were ingesting an alternative drug to alcohol, one of these perhaps,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/drugs/survey/

maybe people could see the senselessness of it better. It wouldn't make sense would it? It would be harmful. It would be disrespectful to their body and their professions. So what's the difference? I don't see any difference aside from people's attitudes towards their drug of choice.

Anyhow, footballers' get loads of holidays. They'll have at least two months off beginning next week. That's plenty of time to rest and play and celebrate.

Was it a binge then? I'm still to see anything other than Knockaert merry on stage. I haven't watched the whole ceremony though so if you can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

Brown Nose

Unlike your good self, I'm a principled chap. I don't abandon my beliefs because of a vague notion of 'context'. What the hell does that mean anyway? Why was the 'context' different before the Brighton game where you were quite rightly scathing of their behaviour?

Biffa Bacon

Unlike your good self, I'm a principled chap. I don't abandon my beliefs because of a vague notion of 'context'. What the hell does that mean anyway? Why was the 'context' different before the Brighton game where you were quite rightly scathing of their behaviour?

You fail to say which professional teams in Europe have totally dry squads, also you'll find the ashes team had further games to play after winning the ashes. You may bang on about this but it all seems like the pointless ranting of an obsessive.

Matt_B

You fail to say which professional teams in Europe have totally dry squads, also you'll find the ashes team had further games to play after winning the ashes. You may bang on about this but it all seems like the pointless ranting of an obsessive.

He's also not answered how his claims of it being an excessive binge and are any more substantiated than Duzza's psychiatrist comment that he dismissed.

Micky

BN, I think you are on a bit of a high horse here and are not in touch with reality. These are young lads and I would bet a large percentage of footballers in this country would do exactly the same. It doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do but it is the way a large proportion of our society behaves. I don't think it is worth castigating a group of players for such an issue, especially considering their achievement this season. I am not intending on getting personal here, I just don't agree with your point of view.

Micky

Sports Psychologists would endorse players letting go on occasions. As I previously mentioned, living the life of a professional athlete (by the book) is very oppressive and therefore, athletes need to be able to 'let go'. Psychologists certainly wouldn't promote binge drinking but if that is what 'floats the athletes boat', then unfortunately that's what will more than likely happen on these occasions.

M17TT C

Well, I'm certainly not, but I haven't disagreed with anything that BN has said

So I then assume you only drink when you are on holiday from your chosen profession?

Obviously that's as true as the fact that Hitler actually liked Jews but it should be the case if that's what you believe should be the case with footballers.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
So I then assume you only drink when you are on holiday from your chosen profession?

Obviously that's as true as the fact that Hitler actually liked Jews but it should be the case if that's what you believe should be the case with footballers.
You're not comparing like with like. At all.

A footballer's tool is his body. When he drinks to excess, he is reducing the short-, medium- and long-term value of said tool in respect to his ability to do his job. Worse, he is knowingly doing so. This is equivalent to, say, a tree surgeon purposely putting the wrong fuel in all his chainsaws or an accountant prying the '0' and '%' buttons off all his calculators. The difference is the tree surgeon can have his chainsaws repaired, the accountant can buy new calculators, but the footballer can't just buy a new lung, leg or liver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669