End of season awards live video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the amount they consume or he effect it has? I'd be far more Knockaert than my cousin, for instance, on a lot less alcohol Aaron I rarely drink to excess. Also, other than Knockaert's performance, do we have any evidence that the rest of the squad were hammered?

I'll try again. For the people who are saying that this was a bad thing, is it simply that they were drunk, or that they consumed a lot of alcohol? If I went out with my cousin, for instance, who drinks a fair amount, I'd be far more drunk (I used the phrase "Knockaert" to mean the same thing as he was the drunk in question) after far less alcohol than my cousin. So would I be in less trouble with BN and BM because I had drank less or just as much trouble because I was as drunk?

Miserable sod.

Absolute misery

Jesus christ. You miserable sod.

Behave yourself

:039:

To be clear, I don't object to these half-wits ingesting whatever the feck they please from 15.00 on 3rd May until late June. They can get arseholed every day and night celebrating for all I care. They can spray champagne down each others throats, burn their fifty pound notes lighting cigars, snort their way to zombieville, etc, etc. And I'm sure many of them will.

But from the first day of pre-season training until the end of the season, those players should not ever drink to excess or ingest anything that can be detrimental to their performance. They're on our time and they're supposed to be professionals. It's neanderthal behaviour right out of the 80s drinking camps frequented by the likes of NP.

And I seriously object to the very same staff that guide and instruct these players for ten months of the year, being as bad, if not worse, examples. They openly supported and encouraged this behaviour by having the thing on the clubs premises, presumably purchasing the alcohol and encouraging its consumption. It's simply wrong and NP is both outdated and idiotic to overlook this.

My position on alcohol during a season is that I support players being being banned from it completely. However, were a player to have a single glass of wine or a beer here and there, at least two to three days prior to a match, I'm not really bothered as I can't see it being especially detrimental.

Last edited:

To be clear, I don't object to these half-wits ingesting whatever the feck they please from 15.00 on 3rd May until late June. They can get arseholed every day and night celebrating for all I care. They can spray champagne down each others throats, burn their fifty pound notes lighting cigars, snort their way to zombieville, etc, etc. And I'm sure many of them will.

But from the first day of pre-season training until the end of the season, those players should not ever drink to excess or ingest anything that can be detrimental to their performance. They're on our time and they're supposed to be professionals. It's neanderthal behaviour right out of the 80s drinking camps frequented by the likes of NP.

And I seriously object to the very same staff that guide and instruct these players for ten months of the year, being as bad, if not worse, examples. They openly supported and encouraged this behaviour by having the thing on the clubs premises, presumably purchasing the alcohol and encouraging its consumption. It's simply wrong and NP is both outdated and idiotic to overlook this.

My position on alcohol during a season is that I support players being being banned from it completely. However, were a player to have a single glass of wine or a beer here and there, at least two to three days prior to a match, I'm not really bothered as I can't see it being especially detrimental.

Why are they on "our time"? We don't employ, pay or otherwise "own" them.

It's fairly obvious that there isn't a single top level club in Europe where complete abstinence by every squad member is a reality, clubs are dealing with humans not machines, if you can't live with that I suggest following a league in a country where all stimulants and depressants are banned.

BN, under normal circumstances and in any other season, at any point in the season, I agree completely - what we witnessed against Brighton was nothing short of shameful

BUT, this is an extraordinary season and we are at a highly unusual position, given the last ten years of complete shit. We will never experience a season like this for donkey's years

You have to recognise the context, and right now I couldn't give a monkey's if the entire squad is snorting charlie off a busty whore's ring piece on the hour, every hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669