Eng v Ger

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dreadful performance from Robinson. It would seem that his only quality is that he's a very good shot-stopper - and that's it. He rushes out far too much and is extremely weak at set pieces. I would drop him immediately, but the most depressing thing is that the only viable replacement for him is Calamity James (even WE could put one past him ;-)) or Robert Green.

Roll on the day when Ben Foster is fit again - Watford didn't get relegated because they conceded too many, it was because they didn't score enough.

FOSTER FOR ENGLAND!

how the **** does allan smith get in the england set up.he is a lazy, fouling waster :098:

on a lighter note im watching bbc breakfast and kate silverton looks tasty this morning, i wonder if she would be tempted by my famous lincolnshire sausage :icon_wink

i dont know where to start with the national team, bringing david beckham back was a good move, but the rest of the team is poor, winning one nil to let two goals in is bad , the 2nd german goal was a bullet, but dyer should have scored

Headlines all about the (useless) keeper - nice convenient scapegoat for the rest of the team who were complete and utter pish

get the manager out of their before he brings more disgrace to our country

Germany use friendlies correctly by playing their reserves or experimenting.

So do they only play their proper team in competitive games?
Bit of a risky thing to do.

England friendlies should be for the first choice team, so they can get used to playing with each other, so they have no excuses in competitive matches.

There should also be B international games, to experiment with different players.

All the years England had a fantastic goalkeeper, and now we are talking whether its Robinson or James:icon_conf. Depressing really, bring back Shilts i say:icon_razz

I personally think Kirkland should be Number 1 but he is no doubt injured again

Frankly I couldn't care less about England football team, in friendlies or competitions. The team selection is always massively biased and always underperforms, or rather doesn't mean expectation. They perform exactly as most people would predict they would when they look at the team.

So do they only play their proper team in competitive games?
Bit of a risky thing to do.

England friendlies should be for the first choice team, so they can get used to playing with each other, so they have no excuses in competitive matches.

There should also be B international games, to experiment with different players.

Depends on the occasion - in hindsight it's probably the correct thing in playing a first XI last night and the Germans did to an extent.

The Germans have called up 42 different players in the past year. The German fan have just spoke on a forum to via the web is pleased because she considers that team to be a B-Team.

I agree with the B game sentiment.

Last edited:
he is too injury prone and therefore too risky imo

How can be a Risk you aren't signing him,if he is injured don't put him in the Squad.Its better than constantly relying on Keepers who have had their chance and failed..IMO

I thought the game was actually quite entertaining. Shorey, Smith and Robinson didn't do themselves any favours but we created enough chances to win the game. It was much better than I was expecting some nice build up.

Great stadium and the German fans were good.

i only managed to see the second half but england looked ok when they were passing the ball and building up to an attack but the finishing was shocking.

i only managed to see the second half but england looked ok when they were passing the ball and building up to an attack but the finishing was shocking.

Imo Smith might have played his last game for England last night. He didnt look anything like an international striker, and when Rooney is back with a fitter Owen and Crouch i cant see him getting a look-in again

Frankly I couldn't care less about England football team, in friendlies or competitions. The team selection is always massively biased and always underperforms, or rather doesn't mean expectation. They perform exactly as most people would predict they would when they look at the team.

agree with that. in the world cup when lampard was playing crap he still got picked every game just because of how well he had done in the build up to the world cup. :018:

I thought he was a bit out of his depth which shouldn't be a massive surprise, he did do some good things in the game though and certainly should be given another chance in a friendly. I don't think Ashley Cole should be too worried yet.

Gary Neville should be.

I thought he was a bit out of his depth which shouldn't be a massive surprise, he did do some good things in the game though and certainly should be given another chance in a friendly. I don't think Ashley Cole should be too worried yet.

Gary Neville should be butchered like a hog and fed to a pack of rabid dogs.

Bit harsh, mate - but fair nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670