England squad for Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Reports that Rio Ferdinand is left out and Kyle Walker is out with injury.

Also seeing that Crouch is out and so is Richards. Rumours of Carroll and/or Zamora being included! Oh dear.

Micah Richards seems a surprise to be out if Walker is injured. Those two would've been my picks for right back. Probably means we're left with Johnson and Jones/Smalling?

Full squad is being announced tomorrow. These are coming from the newspapers.

Last edited:
Reports that Rio Ferdinand is left out and Kyle Walker is out with injury.

Also seeing that Crouch is out and so is Richards. Rumours of Carroll and/or Zamora being included! Oh dear.

Micah Richards seems a surprise to be out if Walker is injured. Those two would've been my picks for right back. Probably means we're left with Johnson and Jones/Smalling?

Full squad is being announced tomorrow. These are coming from the newspapers.

Smalling is deff out injured

Apparently all of the squad have been pleading with Roy to include John Terry.
Primarily so that they all know where he is, what with all of their wives and girlfriends at home alone

Apparently all of the squad have been pleading with Roy to include John Terry.
Primarily so that they all know where he is, what with all of their wives and girlfriends at home alone

Nice.

Does anyone give a shit about this comp? I do, I just think he don't have a realistic chance. I am however completely detached from the feeling back home, but when I saw Nevile as a coach and Bobby Zamora (A joke?) possibly in the squad, I think Woy might just be in for a tough time.

Nice.

Does anyone give a shit about this comp? I do, I just think he don't have a realistic chance. I am however completely detached from the feeling back home, but when I saw Nevile as a coach and Bobby Zamora (A joke?) possibly in the squad, I think Woy might just be in for a tough time.

Personally, I think Gary Neville as a coach is a good choice.

Zamora in the squad would see my enthusiasm for the competition wane a lot. We have no chance though and when you look at the players Roy has to pick from, I think no matter who he picked we won't get far. Still looking forward to the Euros though, should be some good games. Just not as excited as I normally would be considering we look pretty shit. But no expectations hopefully means less disappointment.

Personally, I think Gary Neville as a coach is a good choice.

Zamora in the squad would see my enthusiasm for the competition wane a lot. We have no chance though and when you look at the players Roy has to pick from, I think no matter who he picked we won't get far. Still looking forward to the Euros though, should be some good games. Just not as excited as I normally would be considering we look pretty shit. But no expectations hopefully means less disappointment.

Gary Nevile was a great player, and maybe the experience he has gained can be valuable to the England set up. Still no denying he's a bit of a twat though.

If Woy picks Zamora , Konchesky must be expecting a call.

Hart, Green, Ruddy - Baines, Cahill, Cole, Johnson, Jones, Lescott, Terry - Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parker, Walcott, Young, Carroll, Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck

Johnson, Downing, Walcott, Defoe FFS

Might as well have taken Peltier, Dyer, Waghorn and Howard

Last edited:
Midfield and defence don't look too bad, but we look very thin up front. Can't really see where the goals are going to come from whil Rooney's out.

Would have taken Crouch over Defoe, Carroll and Welbeck. And how Downing gets anywhere near the squad is beyond me, not that I suppose there's anyone else.

Surprised by Defoe's inclusion, I still think he is one Englands best natural strikers so always worth a punt. Happy with Carroll, even though Crouch has proven his worth before, I can't stand watching him.

Overall not too bad choices. Downing is shit, but who else? I can't imagine we will get a shout at winning this anyways.

Carroll and Downing are the two surprises - but when you look at the alternatives can you say that any of them deserve to be in the squad - Crouch, Holt, Lennon, Sturridge, Johnson?

All have had average seasons. Roy has picked the players that he think will benefit the team. Downing is a winger that will track back and help out the defender. Lennon, Johnson, Sturridge are all players that don't. Carroll is more of a target man and will be able to support the other two players better than Crouch.

Johnson, Downing, Walcott, Defoe FFS

Might as well have taken Peltier, Dyer, Waghorn and Howard

Agreed on all four.

What has Richards got to do to get a sniff?

Disappointed Scholes wasn't included, think he would have made a big difference. But then, I've thought that for about 8 years now.

Downing, well, that one just makes me laugh.

And we need to just remove the cancerous Terry completely.

It's a poor squad, I'd rather he'd have took the kids than stick with the same tried and failed tossers like Lampard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670