England squad for Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe we are struggling with strikers these days.

Just think back to the nineties when we had so many quality players to choose from.

Johnson, Downing, Walcott, Defoe FFS

Might as well have taken Peltier, Dyer, Waghorn and Howard

Hey ... Dyer has scored more goals and had more assists in the league this season than Downing has. Then again, so has Tim Howard.

With Rooney out for the first two games that is going to be one (relatively) sh!t stikeforce whoever he picks.

Think I'll be watching the cricket.EPL...best league in the world? & thats the best bunch of England players we can muster? Says it all really.Top marks for including Oxlade-Chamberlain though...but offset by the inclusion of Carroll & Downing.Total failures.If I were Grant Holt I'd be severely peeved to be left out while Carroll gets in.Johnson can think himself lucky Walker isn't fit but how he can be picked ahead of Richards is beyond weird.
2 years on from the utter embarrassment of South Africa & we are taking almost the same players? Just shows there is a severe lack of quality English players despite the money in the Prem.A couple of injuries & we're back to having to pick the manifest failures.

Oh well...hopefully Lampard will be on the bench while Parker starts.

Think I'll be watching the cricket.EPL...best league in the world? & thats the best bunch of England players we can muster? Says it all really.Top marks for including Oxlade-Chamberlain though...but offset by the inclusion of Carroll & Downing.Total failures.If I were Grant Holt I'd be severely peeved to be left out while Carroll gets in.Johnson can think himself lucky Walker isn't fit but how he can be picked ahead of Richards is beyond weird.
2 years on from the utter embarrassment of South Africa & we are taking almost the same players? Just shows there is a severe lack of quality English players despite the money in the Prem.A couple of injuries & we're back to having to pick the manifest failures.

Oh well...hopefully Lampard will be on the bench while Parker starts.

You need . . . to getyour space-bar and . . enter keys

fixed.It's horrible . . . .toread.

Last edited:
At least it seems that the usual optimism before a major tournament is at a minimum for a change.
Looking at the quality of other teams, how many of our squad, never mind team, would get into France/Germany/Holland/Spain's team.

Rather fearful for the future, unless Roy uses it as a last hurrah for some and starts afresh after the Euros.
We'll see

I can't see why we persist with the likes of Downing, Carroll & Milner who are consistently s**t and have done nothing for their respective clubs all season.

If I was Grant Holt I'd be absolutely sick to the stomach that my 15 Premier League Goals & great season has been overlooked for a slow lump of s**t with not even half the goals & for 95% of the season has done absolutely **** all..

Downing's goals/assists stats are worse than Tim Howard's that's all that needs to be said, Aaron Lennon must be fuming.

Then if all else fails we've got another useless replacement on standby in Henderson..

Grant Holt may have scored a few goals this year but let's not forget he's still GRANT HOLT. Sturridge has every right to be a bit miffed.

Lennon has also proved that he isn't really that good at the top level. We've got someone who can run really fast with little end product already.

Milner was one of our better players at the last WC and can play in a number of positions. Before Henderson's Liverpool disaster he was very highly thought of so it'd be a shame to call an end to his potential just because of one season under poor management.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? It looks fine to me.Are you reading it on some unusual device?

Scroll back through the rest of the thread and you'll see that most people use short paragraphs and space-bars after full stops. You don't.

Just giving some constructive feedback...

First I have seen of the squad, my pleasure at the appointment of Roy has been dismantled already, what a tragic squad selection that is, absolutely gob smacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669