England squad for Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God. It gets worse.

Cahill is ruled out of the Euros with a fractured jaw. Martin Kelly is called up to replace him. Seriously!?

England lose a Champions League winning centre-half and replace him with a Premier League Reserve Team right-back.

The best two English right-backs in the entire world both play for Liverpool. I did not know that.

Personally, I think that Rio Ferdinand, Micah Richards, Chris Smalling or Ryan Shawcross would have been a better option but I haven't won the league title in Sweden or sat on a UEFA technical committee so what do I know.

Oh God. It gets worse.

Cahill is ruled out of the Euros with a fractured jaw. Martin Kelly is called up to replace him. Seriously!?

A great player from a great in form side...

Beyond a joke.

Honestly it makes me wonder who is really picking this side. Hodgson realises that he had a torrid season at Liverpool doesn't he? Because clearly he still thinks very highly of them!

My guess is that by selecting a few shite players from liverpool he is trying to build some bridges with their fans, I can't see how any of it is for football reasons.

My guess is that by selecting a few shite players from liverpool he is trying to build some bridges with their fans, I can't see how any of it is for football reasons.

I don't see how that even makes sense though. It is farcical how many Liverpool players are in there though after the season they've had.

Surely there are better players that could've been pulled in. It just shows what a torrid state English football is in.

I don't see how that even makes sense though. It is farcical how many Liverpool players are in there though after the season they've had.

Surely there are better players that could've been pulled in. It just shows what a torrid state English football is in.

It doesn't make much sense no, though I can't see many other reasons for the selection. Perhaps he's ****ed off at the media reaction to his appointment and has decided to take the piss?

Utter tripe, the man has lost the ****ing plot.

Mertens is a dirty, cheating ****.

Not that it will make a difference to England's chances, but GC must be devastated.

Martin feckin' Kelly FFS

You couldn't make up this comedy if you feckin' tried

What a complete arse

He's not going to make a single appearance so why does it matter?

Richards - allegedly refused to go on standby
Ferdinand - the Terry issue, plus he cannot play more than once a week
Smelling - seem to remember an injury ruling him out

Might as well give a younger lad a bit of experience, considering the lack of talent emerging for that position.

He made ten league appearances last season for a shite team.

A team that had a shite season. On paper, liverpool are a good side. One bad season, under questionable management, does not make them a bad side.

Do people dislike Liverpool this much?

He's not going to make a single appearance so why does it matter?

Richards - allegedly refused to go on standby
Ferdinand - the Terry issue, plus he cannot play more than once a week
Smelling - seem to remember an injury ruling him out

Might as well give a younger lad a bit of experience, considering the lack of talent emerging for that position.

Top post!

A team that had a shite season. On paper, liverpool are a good side. One bad season, under questionable management, does not make them a bad side.

Do people dislike Liverpool this much?

It's not a case of disliking Liverpool - IMO people are right to question why a player who wasnt deemed good enough to play often for their first team is deemed good enough to risk in the Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669