England v India 1st test

Status
Not open for further replies.
155-1, cook out earlier

180/1 relatively comfortable so far

I think Tremletts the better bowler at the moment so fair enough but the odd thing was that Broad was in the squad from the beggining as cover for Harmison. Perhaps Hoggard getting injured changed the selectors minds, as Tremlett is slightly more experienced.

At least Broad is back for the Middlesex game :)

strauss out for 96

233-2

I think Tremletts the better bowler at the moment so fair enough but the odd thing was that Broad was in the squad from the beggining as cover for Harmison. Perhaps Hoggard getting injured changed the selectors minds, as Tremlett is slightly more experienced.

that's what I read as well, but still a bit harsh on Broad seeing as the selectors had been hinting he'd be in all week. Also we now have a really long tail, but it wasn't fair to be heaping batting pressure on Broad anyway.

Poor first day for India, glad we slightly recovered near the end of the day. If India want to win this match they really need quick wickets in the first session. Disappointed with the selection, again no Yuvraj; who has been missing from the test squad for some time, really does puzzle me how one of the best batters in the world isn't included and he is also a decent bowler. Also disappointed Ganguly bowls as the 5th man, IMO really should of got rid of Laxman and brought in Yuvraj.

Poor first day for India, glad we slightly recovered near the end of the day. If India want to win this match they really need quick wickets in the first session. Disappointed with the selection, again no Yuvraj; who has been missing from the test squad for some time, really does puzzle me how one of the best batters in the world isn't included and he is also a decent bowler. Also disappointed Ganguly bowls as the 5th man, IMO really should of got rid of Laxman and brought in Yuvraj.

The weather would seem to be the true favourite in this match.

only just found out they'd started play today.
india 54-2

India finish the day on 154/4. A good day in terms of wickets for India, couldn't of asked for much more. In terms of batting, really really poor. Need to start getting more runs and quicker, we will need the likes of Laxman, Ganguly & Dhoni to really produce something special tommorow. All in all a bowlers day today.

forecasting a washout for monday

forecasting a washout for monday

India need a washout out tommorow and Monday. FFS I really hate losing to England. The only chance India have to win, is really to bowl them out asap before England get a lead of 300+, If and thats a big IF, then they need to be more aggresive when batting. Next test, Yuvraj IN please!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670