England v India 1st test

Status
Not open for further replies.
India need a washout out tommorow and Monday. FFS I really hate losing to England. The only chance India have to win, is really to bowl them out asap before England get a lead of 300+, If and thats a big IF, then they need to be more aggresive when batting. Next test, Yuvraj IN please!!!

Was that a freudian slip before your edit?

Admit it Jessel, you're an England fan really.

Well we're well in charge, effectively 174/2

Ideally we'll bat past tea, put them in for an hour tomorrow and nip a few out.

Well we're well in charge, effectively 174/2

Ideally we'll bat past tea, put them in for an hour tomorrow and nip a few out.

And then the forecast rain will come on Monday and the match will be drawn.

The only way to win this game might be to declare, leaving India about 250 to get and hope to get them all out in two sessions.

RP Singh takes 3 wickets. As England are now 144/5 (241 lead). India could have a chance to win (unless it rains or they bat poorly) if they can bowl England out before they get to a 300 lead.

RP Singh takes 5 wickets. England all out for 282. India need 379 runs to win. India can't afford to lose more then a 1 wicket in the last session & build upon the score tommorow, if its not a washout!

Dear Lord,

Please let it rain tommorow, lord please piss down at Lords, Cricket ground. Between 10am - 7pm (GMT) tommorow.

Thank you

India need a washout out tommorow and Monday. FFS I really hate losing to England. The only chance India have to win, is really to bowl them out asap before England get a lead of 300+, If and thats a big IF, then they need to be more aggresive when batting. Next test, Yuvraj IN please!!!

Not looking good Jessel :)

Your boys cant even bat against our second team of bowlers.

Last edited:
Stumps.

India end the day on 137/3 need 243 to win with 7 wickets remaining.

Still achievable with some one like Yuvraj coming in and not Laxman. As soon as one wicket falls the rest will follow. I think India are 100 runs short. If there is no rain, there will be a result tomorrow.

80 runs a session if they can keep their wickets.
Rain due though

I have 1400 vcash on the draw!!! :)

Although i think England will win

The big guns failed to deliver, yet again. Ganguly, Dravid & Sachin.T were all let downs. We were the 100 runs too short from the 1st innings. I don't think it will be impossible to beat England in the next test if the batters up the game and bowl England out a lot quicker.

My starting XI:

Sehwag, Jaffer, Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Kumble, RP Singh, Zaheer Khan & Agarkar (sp). Strong batting line up with 4 ok bowlers and an additional 3 in Sehwag, Ganguly & Yuvraj. Shame I don't pick the team :(

Good effort by England, and unlucky with the weather.

India proving that they are not such a great side when they travel.

:081::081::081::081: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :038::038:
MATCH DRAWN !!!!

Thank you Lord !!!
I've never seen anyone so happy with a draw before :icon_eek:

You were outclassed and put in your place by a third string bowling attack. I would be mightily surprised if we didn't win the series even despite this draw.

As for the game, I thought we were unlucky not to win but I cant help thinking we lacked a bit of intent at times. There was enough time to get a result but we werent as ruthless as we could have been.

P.S. Agarkar over Sreesanth? Please tell me you're joking.

Last edited:
I've never seen anyone so happy with a draw before :icon_eek:

You were outclassed and put in your place by a third string bowling attack. I would be mightily surprised if we didn't win the series even despite this draw.

As for the game, I thought we were unlucky not to win but I cant help thinking we lacked a bit of intent at times. There was enough time to get a result but we werent as ruthless as we could have been.

P.S. Agarkar over Sreesanth? Please tell me you're joking.

Nope, i must be the only one who thinks Sreesanth is sh*te.

If you think about it, India didn't bowl too badly in general. Not enough runs on the board. Suppose we took 20 wickets :icon_cool

I really do think, India are good enough to beat England, if it wasn't for the first day, England would've lost; the pitch was perfect and the bowling was poor, weather changed the pitch and changed the game, it was a bowling pitch after day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669