England V Slovenia

Status
Not open for further replies.
And malcontents absolutely have to be rooted out, hence the new partnership at centre-half. We are really missing Rio here.

Hart

Johnson___Dawson___Upson___A. Cole

Carrick

Gerrard___________Barry

SWP___________Rooney___________J. Cole​

Terry should be dropped - but for being shite. He's starting to look a liability.

I don't fully understand the point of Carrick. He always looks like a passenger to me and has been utter shite for the last year.

Mind you, so have half the squad.

I don't fully understand the point of Carrick. He always looks like a passenger to me and has been utter shite for the last year.

Mind you, so have half the squad.

I'm the same on Carrick, wouldn't have him anywhere near the team, personaly.

Terry should be dropped - but for being shite. He's starting to look a liability.

IMHO, an arrogant tosser who believes his own publicity to boot.

This attempted coup coming after the Cobham tour and Wembley box fiascos, is he just being badly advised or is he a genuine moron?

I reckon the team is as follows :

James
Johnson
Upson
Terry
Cole
Milner
Lampard
Barry
Gerrard
Defoe
Rooney

Its quite a well trodden formula, as far as I've ever watched England (notably less than some of the old timers here, but still). Scrape the groups, play marvellously for a game or two then get booted out. I could see us doing it 2/3 - 0 with Joe Cole, Heskey and perhaps Gerrard bagging. So I'm fully prepared for Slovenia to dick us by 4 or 5.....never was much of a predictor.

I would go for this with Barry protecting the back four and Gerrard and Lampard supporting Rooney with Wright-Phillips and Cole coming inside and supporting Rooney when the other one has the ball

---------------James

Johnson-----Upson-----Terry-----Cole

---------------Barry

Wright-Phillips-----Gerrard-----Lampard-----Cole

-------------------Rooney

Sorry, just being honest and I can't see us winning.

:icon_lol:
Oh dear Jesus.
Read it again Harby, you obviously didn't understand it.

(Here's a clue, I was also saying you won't win)

I would go for this with Barry protecting the back four and Gerrard and Lampard supporting Rooney with Wright-Phillips and Cole coming inside and supporting Rooney when the other one has the ball

---------------James

Johnson-----Upson-----Terry-----Cole

---------------Barry

Wright-Phillips-----Gerrard-----Lampard-----Cole

-------------------Rooney

So it's a 4-1-5 formation? or just a 5-5?

Will Gareth Barry have any kind of weaponry?

With there being a strong chance that this is Fabio's last game in charge, is there any candidate beyond Roy Hodgson worth looking at?

Heskey Defoe up top please.

If we do go out in the first round it will be appalling.
Pundits have mentioned that no England team has gone out in the first round since 1958 The date may not mean much to many readers but that was an England team that had its heart ripped out of it by the Munich aircrash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46