Enzo Maresca - Leicester City Manager

Every time I go to the supermarket I think about his concept of his brain and his consciousness being separate and his brain reminding him to get leeks from the shop because his body is deficient in whatever leeks give you.
Who am I talking to now, you or your brain?

I have NO idea what the last half dozen posts were about. Something to do with leaky Albanian ****s??

And that might be a spelling mistake. Or it might not be. I don't know which is worse; leaky ****s or leeky ****s.

Maresca spoke to the media for the first time today as LCFC manager on the first day of pre-season.

Few other key points I've picked up from other reports that weren't included in the RL thread (can't find anyone that's got a good summary of the whole thing)

- Said he absolutely wants Vardy to stay
- Was less drawn on Evans - says "we're building a squad. We've been in contact with him and will see over the next few weeks"
- Even vaguer on Harvey Barnes "the market is open, more players may leave but it means we can bring others in"
- And these comments around the owners and pre-season

I like his comments. A lot about wanting to build and build in the right way, players having the right mentality on and off the field etc, and it being a step by step process to get to where we want to be in (in terms of promotion, playing style, etc).

He sounds....what's the word...... ITALIAN. :)

We had another manager a few years ago that also sounded Italian. Can't remember if he did anything for us.

I like. He listens, considers and responds thoughtfully. I like his slowness, if I can call it that. I like his warm smile. He said 'adapt' a lot. This to me indicates that he accepts change is necessary on occasions , that things are fluid and he needs to respond and change in circumstances (c.f. "plan A harder") It's clear the objective is possession based football ("players like to have the ball", can't argue there) but that's neither to say it will be Pepball, nor that it'll be the be all and end all from day 1. As Ranieri said "slowly, slowly". As I said, I like slow. I'm a firm believer in it as a philosophy.

My wife says (she didn't watch but could hear Enzo) "he seems like a nice man, he seems humble"

He sounds....what's the word...... ITALIAN. :)

We had another manager a few years ago that also sounded Italian. Can't remember if he did anything for us.
Italian or not - he sounds calm and sensible -
but when he starts talking about dilly ding -dilly dong, swooping like the RAF, first we get 40 points, and buying everyone pizzas for a clean sheet - then I'll get excited!

On Vardy - "He's an important player, hopefully he stays with us, this is the main thing."

I'm surprised there's not been more action here after seeing this interview. Reveals quite a lot about the manager, his temperament, what he wants to achieve. I love the fact that he realises we'll be that team who others will wanna beat and that player attitude is therefore essential. We have to bully them into being scared of us like Man City do.

Danny Murphy banging on about Leeds - no, make no mistake, the recent Premier League Champions and FA Cup winners are a bigger occasion than 2-seasons-in-2-decades-in-the-PL Leeds Utd.

On Vardy - "He's an important player, hopefully he stays with us, this is the main thing."

I'm surprised there's not been more action here after seeing this interview. Reveals quite a lot about the manager, his temperament, what he wants to achieve. I love the fact that he realises we'll be that team who others will wanna beat and that player attitude is therefore essential. We have to bully them into being scared of us like Man City do.

Danny Murphy banging on about Leeds - no, make no mistake, the recent Premier League Champions and FA Cup winners are a bigger occasion than 2-seasons-in-2-decades-in-the-PL Leeds Utd.
Danny ****ing Murphy.

As my dad would have said " as much use as tits on a bull "

DM’s quote in 2016 about us winning the league
“They can’t win, just can’t “
Or words to that effect , no argument as to why we can’t
Well **** you ****chops, we did

DM’s quote in 2016 about us winning the league
“They can’t win, just can’t “
Or words to that effect , no argument as to why we can’t
Well **** you ****chops, we did
Although, conversely, I met him during that season and he was convinced we'd win (albeit this was later in the season).

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663