Enzo Maresca - Leicester City Manager

Let's get it right. Rodgers was sacked 10 1/2 weeks ago.

Our plan to replace him was shambolic and failed. Smith has quietly disappeared into being the answer to a future quiz question.

I wonder whether Maresca would have been even considered by the club without his agent touting his name around over recent weeks.

I'll give Rudkin the benefit of the doubt that he even knew who Maresca was a few weeks ago. I bet the likes of Aiyawatt and Whelan didn't.

We obviously had no plan or strategy.

This is a total punt based on an apparent good interview and a short term association with Pep Guardiola.

Of course he may prove to be a sensation. If he is, that will be pure luck on the part of Rudkin who might just as well have picked him using a roulette wheel.

Let's get it right. Rodgers was sacked 10 1/2 weeks ago.

Our plan to replace him was shambolic and failed. Smith has quietly disappeared into being the answer to a future quiz question.

I wonder whether Maresca would have been even considered by the club without his agent touting his name around over recent weeks.

I'll give Rudkin the benefit of the doubt that he even knew who Maresca was a few weeks ago. I bet the likes of Aiyawatt and Whelan didn't.

We obviously had no plan or strategy.

This is a total punt based on an apparent good interview and a short term association with Pep Guardiola.

Of course he may prove to be a sensation. If he is, that will be pure luck on the part of Rudkin who might just as well have picked him using a roulette wheel.
The big changes needed to start from the top down. Rudkin has had his go. Every business should have a shake up of ideas. Rudkin seems to be our Sir Humphrey.

Making predictions is easy and some of you will just go 'told you so' 'I knew it'

Very few if anyone on here wanted Lampard. Gerrard, Parker, Smith. So when Lcfc oblige with giving none of them the job, your still unhappy, it's doubtful anyone would have made some of you grin let alone smile!
Yep agree, he's a strange choice considering his record and it's out of left field, but I'm happy to give him my support and no condemnation until proven otherwise!
There said it, stop ya whinging!

Massive gamble at a pivotal time most especially if we are looking for a straight bounce back this season. Less of a gamble if we're content to accept that this could be a 2 or 3 season project to get back up.

But one thing's for sure, he's got my support.

Be ballsy, humble, confident and classy, our dear Enzo.

Forza Leicester!!!!!!!!!!

Making predictions is easy and some of you will just go 'told you so' 'I knew it'

Very few if anyone on here wanted Lampard. Gerrard, Parker, Smith. So when Lcfc oblige with giving none of them the job, your still unhappy, it's doubtful anyone would have made some of you grin let alone smile!
Yep agree, he's a strange choice considering his record and it's out of left field, but I'm happy to give him my support and no condemnation until proven otherwise!
There said it, stop ya whinging!

It's "you're."

There are others but I can't be bothered.

Oh, and I agree with what you've said.

On a side note, I'm excited to **** about having some Man City loan options if we can grab them.

Don't hate the player and certainly don't hate the game; we're in it. It is what it is now and we play within the rules of it.

Our beautifully-flawed-but-perfect how-it-is Leicester City are part of this money-dominated sport. We take what we can get from Man City.

If you don't like the sport then follow a different sport. It's all good. I'll still be here.

On a side note, I'm excited to **** about having some Man City loan options if we can grab them.

Don't hate the player and certainly don't hate the game; we're in it. It is what it is now and we play within the rules of it.

Our beautifully-flawed-but-perfect how-it-is Leicester City are part of this money-dominated sport. We take what we can get from Man City.

If you don't like the sport then follow a different sport. It's all good. I'll still be here.

What realistic loan options are there? Do man city normally loan out their decent youngsters? Seen a few people mention us getting that 2 Carltons lad...but not convinced as he's normally around their first team.

Whilst I'd he happy to take a few Man City kids on loan, I really don't want us to be some kind of defacto academy. They'll have been schooled in a certain method and philosophy (sorry to offend ;)) that our new manager will know only too well, and the temptation might be to implement it... but it will all be Chinese Saudi to the rest of our plodders. Queue mayhem and defeat as the majority of our squad attempt a crash course in wannabe Pepball.

I hope the guy succeeds. I want him to succeed. The consequences of him not succeeding potentially keeps us in this league for a long time.

What concerns me is this. The club released a statement to say words to the effect that there had been serious errors, that a review would take place, and that they would learn from their mistakes. I took that at face value. We wouldn’t be in this situation if they had acted 18 months ago. I was optimistic after reading the statement we might actually make some sensible choices. An internal review seemed very sensible.

There either hasn’t been an internal review, or it has been conducted by the individuals who should’ve been the subject of the review.

Unfathomably, here we are appointing someone with experience of being a senior team manager only once before in the same circumstances we find ourselves in now, who failed in that role.

It isn’t whinging to express concern about this. Don’t conflate this with being upset with the actual person. I’m not. I’m scratching my head wondering how we arrived here.

Here’s how it is though. If he succeeds it won’t be because a brilliant mind picked him. It’ll be dumb luck. If it fails it won’t be because people like me weren’t optimistic enough about it. It will be because dumb ****s like Rudkin still have their hands all over everything. I’m going to keep saying what I think, whether it’s optimistic or not.

We did the last ever really beautiful thing in football which will at least be something no relegation can take from us.

I can't even begin to describe the icy cold dread I'm feeling at the prospect of watching whats left of the squad trying to play 58-passes-out-from-the-back Man City football in the bastard championship.
Feel the same - we rarely managed 5 to 8 passes last season in any part of the pitch. Still, if Maresca has two eyes and brain then (unlike BR) he will notice pretty quickly (as we all commented on TBs last season) that this just will not work with our squad - and adapt accordingly.

I know it's only words but this gives me some hope:

"...we have a big season ahead of us. At the beginning, the target is to play in the best way we can .... the most important thing is to try to win games."
Sounds like a decent enough 'philosophy' to me. Good luck Enzo.

Feel the same - we rarely managed 5 to 8 passes last season in any part of the pitch. Still, if Maresca has two eyes and brain then (unlike BR) he will notice pretty quickly (as we all commented on TBs last season) that this just will not work with our squad - and adapt accordingly.

I know it's only words but this gives me some hope:

"...we have a big season ahead of us. At the beginning, the target is to play in the best way we can .... the most important thing is to try to win games."
Sounds like a decent enough 'philosophy' to me. Good luck Enzo.
Also this quote:

‘’The players that stay with us from last year, they need to change their mentality. The players that we brought in, they need to understand that Leicester is a demanding club."

I know it’s only words, but I like them.

Also this quote:

‘’The players that stay with us from last year, they need to change their mentality. The players that we brought in, they need to understand that Leicester is a demanding club."

I know it’s only words, but I like them.

Yep. I like all of that except the bit about players staying with us. I get that he's being more realistic than I am though. Going to be awkward cheering on at least some feckers that none of us want to see in a Leicester shirt.

Something that I wonder if it might help Maresca here - and may have been a consideration - is that he's used to working in a state-of-the-art training complex, and knowing how to use that to get the best out of the players without letting them become too relaxed in the luxury.

The City Football Academy is an incredible facility, and we were told Seagrave is pretty much second only to that. With a bit of luck, maybe we've got a manager that can use that to get the most out of the players?

I am looking forward to him in charge a lot more than i would be for most of the other canditates. Ok, i don't know what his style will be, but looking at that tweet above, I'm waiting with my breath baited.

Get the ball to Vardy/Nacho/the strikers.

Well, as we all know, Pep is a complete fraud and actually a useless manager, so next season I expect we'll win the league, and the FA Cup, whilst Man City get relegated.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663