Enzo Maresca - Leicester City Manager

Remember he is young ( for a manager ) and did not have much experience. The test is not whether he makes mistakes. The test will be whether he can learn from his mistakes and improve.

He's done an awful lot very well considering his inexperience. My only real issue with him is how he insists that we play irrespective of circumstances.

Even though Saturday was poor, we weren't killing time like we did a while ago. But some adjustment in formation and style is necessary sometimes.

In our position, give me a pragmatic manager every time. My concern is that he's just not prepared to adapt.

Adversity is the test of anyone in charge of anything, in any walk of life. Anyone can look good, or even great, when everything clicks & things are coasting along. What you do when the wheels start to wobble is what counts. Thankfully we won't have long to wait.

The next 5 games will tell us everything we need to know.

4 points in the last 5 matches is a load of shite, let’s be honest. And 5 poor performances.

I wasn’t happy with his appointment due to his inexperience. He has done a great job for much of this season but his inexperience is now coming through with flashing lights.

I’m of the opinion that he shouldn’t be our manager next season regardless of what happens. If we fail to go up it’ll be the biggest bottlejob in Championship history with the strongest and most expensive squad in Championship history. And if we do go up, his reluctance to adapt to the opposition and arrogance to not change the system during matches will mean a painful season in the Premier League.

I’m really concerned this poor run of form will continue and we’ll fail to go up, which will be disastrous for us. If Potter or Cooper is up for it, there could be a case to be brave and make the change now whilst we have 3 weeks without a league match. It’ll be a gamble, but so will sticking our heads in the sand and hoping this run of form changes.

I’m of the opinion that he shouldn’t be our manager next season regardless of what happens. If we fail to go up it’ll be the biggest bottlejob in Championship history with the strongest and most expensive squad in Championship history. And if we do go up, his reluctance to adapt to the opposition and arrogance to not change the system during matches will mean a painful season in the Premier League.
Just to be clear, if we get promoted you want us to sack the manager?

I'm waiting to see if he ends up being Kompany 2.

Burnley play exactly how they did last season & are being raped on a weekly basis in the PL. Yet he steadfastly refuses to change anything. They're basically already down & its not even halfway through March. We'll have to wait & see.

But maybe it's just the case that the Pep apostles are just too thick to realise that adversity requires a different approach. After all, they've never had to deal with any have they? Not even Pep himself. The biggest disaster he's ever had is failing to win the champions league FFS.

Every time I look at Kompany on the bench it just looks as if he's constantly thinking :

" When are they going to start being brilliant ? Why are they not being brilliant ? What's wrong with them ? I don't understand ? "

I loved him.

I was really behind him for the first half of the season. He talked sense, made odd player changes that worked, he seemed a likeable bloke - I go for a pie and a pint with him.

I still like him BUT, he sure is showing crazy choices at times. Pressure does seem to be getting to him.

I always say, a good manager gets us winning - it takes a very good manager to stop us losing or getting out of a slump.

He is a little inexperienced - he says that he's learning as he's going but he needs to calm down a bit and have a quiet international break. IMO.

I'm waiting to see if he ends up being Kompany 2.

Burnley play exactly how they did last season & are being raped on a weekly basis in the PL. Yet he steadfastly refuses to change anything. They're basically already down & its not even halfway through March. We'll have to wait & see.

But maybe it's just the case that the Pep apostles are just too thick to realise that adversity requires a different approach. After all, they've never had to deal with any have they? Not even Pep himself. The biggest disaster he's ever had is failing to win the champions league FFS.

Every time I look at Kompany on the bench it just looks as if he's constantly thinking :

" When are they going to start being brilliant ? Why are they not being brilliant ? What's wrong with them ? I don't understand ? "
Yep. This is my concern.

I’m just trying to understand the logic here of sacking a manager either now (when we are top) or at the end of the season (if promoted).

It would be a decision straight up it of the Maudesley Hospital.

No, he wants us to sack him now.
Didn’t quite say that. I’m in two minds - it would be a gamble either way.

We HAVE to get promoted this season.

No, he wants us to sack him now.
Well, that too.

In reality we just went through a spell of tricky matches and admittedly badly ****ed up the QPR result.

We now have nearly 3 weeks to sort ourselves out, get a few players fit and there's a relatively winnable run of fixtures ahead.

Should have Wilf and Ricardo back and a well-rested Vardy.

Bristol, Norwich (H) and Brum (H) in a week.

I think we will be ok.

Sacking EM now or at the end of the season whatever happens is ridiculous.

We've gone down this route now and have to continue. 90% of what EM has done has been excellent. His game management drives me up the wall but it has worked for most of the season.

My concern is that the daft feckers in charge will give him a bumper new contract in the summer and then end up sacking him by Xmas when we're looking doomed.

If we don't go up he'll be gone. If we do go up then I'd not be surprised if he's out part way through the season. I've not seen enough evidence to suggest he'd make any changes if things weren't working out. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463