Er hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hilarious when you put a load of words into English-Greek, then copy it and paste it into Greek-English - it makes for some interesting reading! :icon_lol:

that is the trouble

many greek words simply do not translate vice versa

i once read a english version of the republic... was some interesting phrases!

that is the trouble

many greek words simply do not translate vice versa

i once read a english version of the republic... was some interesting phrases!

Yeah Babelfish is a load of rubbish translating to Greek. For example, I put "hello" into English to Greek, came out with 'γειάσου'. When you put that back into English, it comes out with 'geja'soy'. How the hell does that work??? :icon_eek:

Yeah Babelfish is a load of rubbish translating to Greek. For example, I put "hello" into English to Greek, came out with 'γειάσου'. When you put that back into English, it comes out with 'geja'soy'. How the hell does that work??? :icon_eek:

It's actually translated the Greek word letter-by-letter. That is something like how you would say the word in Greek.

Hi there fox_from_greece, where abouts in Greece are you from?

Wonderfull country by the way, ive been a fair few times.

Finally someone with a good grasp of the EAnglish language.

P.S. Dont take grammatical tips of Newton Fox.

Any greek player that goes to england gets a good following- lzacko signing was great news! unfortunately havent seen him play with my own eyes, yet i hear he is good

i am from Thessaloniki, but i travel around a lot as i work for multinational media firm, unfortunately i do not get much time at home as i am mostly either in germany or england

you may know it as salonica, it has quite a few tourists

i have to go now

thank you for the wonderfull welcome!

Any greek player that goes to england gets a good following- lzacko signing was great news! unfortunately havent seen him play with my own eyes, yet i hear he is good

i am from Thessaloniki, but i travel around a lot as i work for multinational media firm, unfortunately i do not get much time at home as i am mostly either in germany or england

you may know it as salonica, it has quite a few tourists

i have to go now

thank you for the wonderfull welcome!

I was in Thessaloniki in May, also went down to Paliouri near Hanioti in Halkidiki (Chalkidiki) Was absolutley brilliant. Met a great Bar manager who knew Zagorakis, spent a few nights in there exchanging stories, he was actually playing for the local side i believe, also part of a group trying to take over Salonica.

Enjoy the forum.

yammas!

welcome aboard

maybe going there this year.

Highly reccomended.

I would also 1000000% reccomend you stay at Lindia Thalassa Studios and Apartments, you can book a package through first choice.

They were amazing when we went, just down 10 steps to the wonderful beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Chelsea510
3Arsenal410
4Newcastle410
5Liverpool49
6Aston Villa49
7Brighton48
8Nottm F48
9Brentford46