Speculation Esteban Cambiasso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's the only reason apart from the other one he gave too!!

Re the deal - doesn't look likely imo the longer it drags on and we should move on to other targets (if we have any left). He isn't going to be fit so even if we do sign him he'll ideally need 2 weeks at least to get up to speed so on that basis, I'm out.

Cheers Duncan Bannatyne.

Time to get vichai involved ( you don't get to where he has without knowing how to close a deal). Also, I think all his male 'representatives' need a weekend in Bangkok (with hidden cameras).

that should do it. Clearly, whoever we have handling the deals at our end isn't up to it!

Time to get vichai involved ( you don't get to where he has without knowing how to close a deal).
How do you know that Vichai isn't already involved? Perhaps his is and perhaps it is Vichai's hard dealing that has prevented Cambiasso from signing thus far.

I think all his male 'representatives' need a weekend in Bangkok (with hidden cameras).
What about any female representatives? What do you imagine the hidden cameras will capture?

Clearly, whoever we have handling the deals at our end isn't up to it!
Yes, it's patently clear, it really is. ¬

Starting to think that Pearson's irritation at the 'balloon head' who leaked is it more than just competition.

Who knows - we may have gone into this knowing it would be an immensely complex deal to close, and Pearson may have been chatting with Cambiasso since bloody February. What were seeing could be a drop in the pond.

Just as a thought - If Cambiasso is a free agent then as far as signings go he also probably wouldn't be priority as we can sign him outside the transfer window?

How do you know that Vichai isn't already involved? Perhaps his is and perhaps it is Vichai's hard dealing that has prevented Cambiasso from signing thus far.

What about any female representatives? What do you imagine the hidden cameras will capture?

Yes, it's patently clear, it really is. ¬

My irony is way better than yours :icon_bigg

Starting to think that Pearson's irritation at the 'balloon head' who leaked is it more than just competition.

Who knows - we may have gone into this knowing it would be an immensely complex deal to close, and Pearson may have been chatting with Cambiasso since bloody February. What were seeing could be a drop in the pond.

Just as a thought - If Cambiasso is a free agent then as far as signings go he also probably wouldn't be priority as we can sign him outside the transfer window?

You can't sign anybody outside of the window in the prem, I don't believe.

The fact of the matter is that currently we are playing the likes of Chelsea and Everton with a weaker team than we fielded against all the duffers in the championship. We need top quality reinforcements quickly. Now, ideally.

Maybe Cambiaseo has asked for exclusive rights to shit in Pearsons car?

The fact of the matter is that currently we are playing the likes of Chelsea and Everton with a weaker team than we fielded against all the duffers in the championship. We need top quality reinforcements quickly. Now, ideally.

Thing is Durham, new players can hardly be expected to come in and get involved immediately and effectively. by that time, DD and MJ will probably be fit again. (Stoke away).

So we have likely missed the boat re getting new players in to bolster the squad, certainly for Chelsea and probably also arsenal. tbh, anything more than a point after three games looked like being a bonus at the outset and nothing has changed.

Thing is Durham, new players can hardly be expected to come in and get involved immediately and effectively. by that time, DD and MJ will probably be fit again. (Stoke away).

So we have likely missed the boat re getting new players in to bolster the squad, certainly for Chelsea and probably also arsenal. tbh, anything more than a point after three games looked like being a bonus at the outset and nothing has changed.

If the limit of the ambition is DD and MJ as our shoe in midfield 2 then no, you are right. They could of course both be out for the season the next time they play.

Last edited:
If the limit of the ambition is DD and MJ as our shoe in midfield 2 then no, you are right. They could of course both be out for the season the next time they play.

I agree but don't see any point in rushing in the next few days - we have over a week! sh*t. Nige - sort it out!

It's not as simple as signing a UK based player, the tax the player will pay will have to be a factor as well, which may be contributing to the delay, he may have other offers on the table abroad at the same wages but less tax. Plus they could just be haggling over the fee for his agent.

can tell you're one of us

Never thought this was likely to happen. Even less likely now.

General picture is lots of clubs with money scratting around to add to their quality/ numbers.

We could do with a point against Arsenal - 2 points by the international break would be just fine...but the club seems to be running on a near empty tank regarding available playing resources now that two key midfielders are out so I hope that something a bit more positive emerges very soon.

The staff at Leicester City (it is not just Nigel Pearson) cannot be blamed for the delay in a single transfer. Cambiasso and his entourage are at least as culpable, probably more so. Where I am disappointed is that, with nine days of the transfer window remaining, we are scrabbling around with so few completed signings. We knew that we were promoted well before the end of last season. Many irons should have been in the fire; maybe they were but, in that case, we have suffered multiple set backs, which indicates that we are being too choosy.

Unless we sign three, or four players before the window closes, we run the risk of a few key injuries decimating our squad. It may be that mediocre players will be more amenable to a less advantageous contract, as the end of the transfer window approaches, but better players will know that they have the club over a barrel.

With how much this one's dragging on, and how quiet it's gone this week, I don't really see it happening.

Sure NP has been working on other options though.

Rather have Holtby

Unless we sign three, or four players before the window closes, we run the risk of a few key injuries decimating our squad. It may be that mediocre players will be more amenable to a less advantageous contract, as the end of the transfer window approaches, but better players will know that they have the club over a barrel.

Premier League clubs know that the financial costs of being relegated so they are prepared to pay very high prices for decent players. Top end Championship clubs know that the rewards of peomotion are so massive that they are very reluctant to sell. Leicester have given out the message that their wage structure is probably veering towards not being competitive when it comes to bringing in high fliers.

So its difficult.

We haven't taken advantage of the early promotion and I doubt if Pearson is responsible for this - i assume he leads on coaching/ team selection and others control the wage structure strategy.

But there is a problem in that we were promoted with a decent squad but one that was light in experience and numbers. It would be tragic if we were relegated because we couldn't stretch our ambitions a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669